| FTBL LSU terminates Miles and Cameron, Orgeron interim

Feeling torn. It is easy to laugh at other schools when they are on a downward spiral but at the same time it hits home that we have had some years when we were ready to fire our coach. I absolutely dread the day that we have to replace one of, if not the best college football coaches ever. Sure we will be able to pretty much get whomever we want, but I see no one who can even come close to being able to duplicate what Nick has been able to do.

Les will be a head coach somewhere next year.

Where? Power 5 or Group of 5 school?

Here's what I'm thinking about Miles ...

When he was at Okie State his best season had four losses (including the bowl game that season.) His overall winning percentage was around .570 or so and as I recall he finished .500 in the Big 12 during his tenure there. (If you'll recall, he applied for the UA position twice during his time in Stillwater.)

Now, LSU brings a whole different animal based on location, talent pool in Louisiana, and what he inherited. All those combined led to his record in Baton Rouge.

Now, I have to wonder if any Power 5 school is going to look at him and think, "he'll get us to the next level." On one hand we could name the schools with an equal recruiting base as LSU. But, he's not going to end up at any of those schools.

So, saying he's going to be coaching next year isn't out of the question but we have to ask where.

Wow, you lived right down the road. I had absolutely no issue with Stallings, never did, not one. Even when we were losing some painfully close ones to Spurrier in the SECCG. I was still sad he left. I think all of us who remember how that ole miss game started and then the pure ecstasy of blowing it open will never forget that one. I lived at Rickwood State Park. We played Warrior and Corner, back in the day at Hayden.

I know Hayden well! I had cousins that graduated there in the early, mid and late 80's! Spent most all of my summers at Rickwood Caverns in the freezing ass cold pool!!

For kicks and giggles:

BookMaker.eu has opened odds on who will be the next head coach of the LSU Tigers. Houston head coach Tom Herman is the favorite to be in Baton Rouge next season.

Head coach of the LSU Tigers in Week 1 of the 2017-18 regular season

Tom Herman +100
Jimbo Fisher +250
Kliff Kingsbury +1400
Gary Patterson +1500
Bobby Petrino +1700
Lane Kiffin +2000
Mike Gundy +2000
Ed Orgeron +2300
Larry Fedora +2500
Kyle Whittingham +3000
Bryan Harrison +3500
Sonny Dykes +4000
Todd Graham +4000
Art Briles +5000
Chris Klieman +6000
Field - Any Other +350

Now, I have to wonder if any Power 5 school is going to look at him and think, "he'll get us to the next level." On one hand we could name the schools with an equal recruiting base as LSU. But, he's not going to end up at any of those schools.

So, saying he's going to be coaching next year isn't out of the question but we have to ask where.
I agree. I doubt he is revered as a top tier coach by anyone. His natty season was unique in that it took a crazy sequence of events to allow his 2-loss team into the BCS title game. Only time that ever happened. Secondly, that team's roster was led by a dominant and talented senior class which had committed to Saban.

His other great season (2011) began with an impressive win over Oregon which was only good on paper since Oregon had just played Auburn for the national championship the season before but lost key players in 2011. They beat Bama only due to, what, five missed field goals by us??? And a crazy TD saving interception by their safety when Maze threw it to our TE Williams??? Only to play us again to really get exposed as the inferior head coach that he is.

Frankly I'm sad he's going haha. LSU can only upgrade in my opinion.

Where? Power 5 or Group of 5 school?

Here's what I'm thinking about Miles ...

When he was at Okie State his best season had four losses (including the bowl game that season.) His overall winning percentage was around .570 or so and as I recall he finished .500 in the Big 12 during his tenure there. (If you'll recall, he applied for the UA position twice during his time in Stillwater.)

Now, LSU brings a whole different animal based on location, talent pool in Louisiana, and what he inherited. All those combined led to his record in Baton Rouge.

Perhaps at an FCS school. :D

Back
Top Bottom