| FTBL LSU alum Alex Bregman believes the Tigers could put up 50 on Alabama in Tuscaloosa

So you believe that both the cow college and Loseranna State will NOT be better on offense when they actually play Bama?
A&M and Auburn, both are not as good as they were last year.
Since Bama's defense isn't as good we don't take into account the other two teams mentioned aren't as good on offense?

As to your question, you believe Bama's defense won't be better when they actually play Bama?

so is JosieWales and tenbears the same person? I'm confused, it's like Clark Kent and Superman, you never see them both in the same place at the same time, but Josie always tells us what tenbears thinks

(I honestly don't know... trying to be a little funny, but not disrespectful LOL)

My point was they got Alabama @ home. The infamous LSU night game no less. They scored zero, nada, zilch, nothing.

30-40 on Alabama...jeeze. You're gracious.

Bookmarking this thread so I can come back to it on November 9th.

I said they could put up that many points. It wouldn't shock me if they did. And by saying they could, I don't mean "well technically anyone could", I do mean they are more than capable and our defense hasn't shown us they would be able to hold a real offense with real blue chip athletes to 0 or even 10 points. Bookmark it all you want, I'll stand by it, just like I stood by my comments last year when everyone said I was crazy for calling LSU good before the season and saying they'd win more than 8 games.

I said they could put up that many points. It wouldn't shock me if they did. And by saying they could, I don't mean "well technically anyone could", I do mean they are more than capable and our defense hasn't shown us they would be able to hold a real offense with real blue chip athletes to 0 or even 10 points. Bookmark it all you want, I'll stand by it, just like I stood by my comments last year when everyone said I was crazy for calling LSU good before the season and saying they'd win more than 8 games.

Negative, you didn't say could.

You're better than this. Last year's team has zero to do with this one. Just like ours.

I think they put up 30-40 points on us. They are a good team and I stand by everything I have said the last two years. Cookie Monster's guys play hard for him. They have recruited well and have some great talent. Yeah yeah, they always have, but this year they seem more potent. They are going to score on us. If a true freshman can run all day on us put up 30 and another can put up 21 points in Columbia, LSU has the ability to score more on us.

And you think our defense is as good as it was last year?
To date, it's on par with a degree or two difference—(+ and - )—depending on where you're looking.

Scoring defense is better, defensive efficiency is down a little. They're better in pass defense by a few yards ... et al. The staff is better this season. The communication is better this season. There are a number of measurements that show slight improvement. Most notably points per drive for the opponents.

On par, to date, with last year all the while starting a much younger and more inexperienced group.

Seven games left to play and it's going to be an easy out to point to LSU and say "Bama hasn't played them yet" and that'll changed the efficiency ratings. On the same end, A&M is still left on the schedule and that'll change the same measurement versus last season.

Negative, you didn't say could.

Ok, fine, I stand by that then. No one ever truly knows how a game will turn out (other than Vegas on more occasion), hence why this board can never really peg a game score guess. LSU will score more than zero points, and I definitely know they are better than Ole Miss and South Carolina, so they will put up more points than them is my guess.

Ok, fine, I stand by that then. No one ever truly knows how a game will turn out (other than Vegas on more occasion), hence why this board can never really peg a game score guess. LSU will score more than zero points, and I definitely know they are better than Ole Miss and South Carolina, so they will put up more points than them is my guess.

I agree so we better be ready to score 50.

Well.... @BamaFan334 ...... ole ms picked up a lot of garbage....usce did also...
Lsu D will be better...and bama will keep the #1Offense in more...and #1s on D..
Lsu hasnt played much ...texas...but thats big 12 D........
i really be shocked if it was a shootout...
And as @mando ....put it....bama D isnt of old....but with all draftees and injuries...
Good reason....should improve over next 3 games...with experience

(other than Vegas on more occasion),
More often than not, right?

What strikes me about this conversation are the "Futures." Currently, in spite of LSU's improved offense, Bama is still giving between 14½ - 16½. Assuming Bregman is right this time (remember, he called for an LSU blowout last year) if Vegas is right we're looking at BAMA 70+ - LSU 50?

Do you really thing Bama will drop 70 on them? 50?

should improve over next 3 games...with experience

This is what I am hanging my hat on and hope time does not run out before we get there. Basic assumption is the players we have are talented but lack experience and one on one coaching time. That can only be resolved with practice and film time and live in game action. I have confidence in Saban. Saban has consistently done it just like the Gus bus has consistently shown he can't develop a QB. The evidence is there in both cases.

Roll Tide!!!

Back
Top Bottom