| FTBL Louisiana-Monroe Is A Better Team Than Georgia.

G

As the season inches closer and closer the inevitable poor mouthing of 'Bama will get thicker and thicker. That never fails, why should it this year?

People will say things like:

'Bama has a ways to go before breaking it big.

'Bama is not top level yet.

'Bama can't compete with the immensely talented and exponentially tougher teams like Georgia, LSU, Auburn, etc...

'Bama doesn't have the talent yet.

You all know the spiel.

My question is if 'Bama is so deficient this coming year, if we are invariably going to fall short again, what of other teams?

What of a Georgia team that didn't put up as good of a fight against us as Louisiana-Monroe did? Is Georgia ready for the big time this season, they are seemingly not even as talented or tough as Louisiana Monroe.

LM beat 'Bama by 7, all Georgia could squeak out was a 3 point margin of victory in overtime.

Mark Richt should have put some glitter on his team's helmets or gave them all some sparkly shoes or painted their faces or something to get them up for the 'Bama game.

What of Mississippi State? Mississippi State apparently has one of the best coaches to ever set foot on a field coaching them and yet they only beat us by 5 points. LM beat 'Bama by 7.

Why doesn't having a man coaching your team that is the closest living thing to royalty to ever coach a team in the SEC enable Miss. State to beat 'Bama by more than 5 points?

Croom is, according to all experts, the most fantastic coach ever hatched out and his 8 wins in a single season garnered him 19 awards for being a spectacular human being. He is, apparently, the best coach since Coach Bryant/Knute Rockne all rolled into one. Yet, still, only a five point victory over 'Bama.

What of LSU, Florida State, and Auburn who only beat us by seven, the same amount as Louisiana Monroe beat us by?

The point of all of this is just to say this:

Fans and analysts from other teams who feel it their duty to pontificate on 'Bama, to predict what will happen to 'Bama, to stand up on their hilltop and judge us as not being ready need to look at their own teams.

They need to beat us by more than Louisiana-Monroe did before they become cavalier and better than thou concerning this Alabama team.

If they really want to worry about what 'Bama may or may not do this year, they need to first worry about beating us worse than LM did. Maybe then their opinions and ideas may hold some weight. Until then, they are to me, no better than Louisiana-Monroe.

First off, in response, let me say that the mighty Warhawks of Louisiana St. are not to be poked fun at. :D If you poke their cage, you might lose a finger. Seriously though, I feel BAMA is a real threat to win all of the games mentioned. Not as a fan, but as an observer. I should have prefaced that by saying that I also think Arkansas could do the same. Any SEC team can beat another at any given time. Yes, even Vanderbilt can beat Georgia. Your question will be answered the same on this board as it would be on our rivals'. The theme of your post is understood, BAMA is being underestimated. As I've said before, this team will surprise us.

Also, the pic you have at the bottom of your post is phenomenal!

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
First off, in response, let me say that the mighty Warhawks of Louisiana St. are not to be poked fun at. :D If you poke their cage, you might lose a finger. Seriously though, I feel BAMA is a real threat to win all of the games mentioned. Not as a fan, but as an observer. I should have prefaced that by saying that I also think Arkansas could do the same. Any SEC team can beat another at any given time. Yes, even Vanderbilt can beat Georgia. Your question will be answered the same on this board as it would be on our rivals'. The theme of your post is understood, BAMA is being underestimated. As I've said before, this team will surprise us.

Also, the pic you have at the bottom of your post is phenomenal!

Thanks, Chuck-E-Cheeze, for the comment about the signature file. I use it as part of a community service, to help out the community.

Also, I am glad you understood the intention of my post. It was not entirely serious. Of course I don't think LM is really as good as Georgia, but an argument could be made.

Just killing time and hopefully making people think about things a little differently.

Roll Tide,

Altie

Really good post CtrlAltieDel and made even better by the underlying message in it. It will be interesting to see if anyone misunderstands the actual aim of the post.

Very well done.

Swamptick said:
Really good post CtrlAltieDel and made even better by the underlying message in it. It will be interesting to see if anyone misunderstands the actual aim of the post.

Very well done.

Thank you, Swamptick. Roll Tide!

Anyone and can beat another team if they are not prepared to play. Read this the other day Altie and is was nice read. Even printed it out for some of my UGA friends...most of them got the message..some wanted to focus on the glitter comment :lol:

Kc said:
Anyone and can beat another team if they are not prepared to play. Read this the other day Altie and is was nice read. Even printed it out for some of my UGA friends...most of them got the message..some wanted to focus on the glitter comment :lol:

LOL. I wish I could have been there when they read it. I have nothing against Georgia fans. Really, they are the fans I feel most connected to in the SEC. Maybe not connected to, but the best group of fans outside of Alabama fans.

I suppose what I find odd is that Mark Richt used so many gimmicks last year to inspire his team. One time he uses black jerseys, another time he orders his bench cleared in an attempt to intimidate a team, etc...

I mean, what next? Does he order his players to spit on opposing players? Does he tell his players to not use helmets in a show of brute force manhood? Maybe he will tell them to not wear cleats and to try to gouge opposing team's players eyes out with their toes while piled up.

How far does he take it?

CtrlAltieDel said:
Kc said:

LOL. I wish I could have been there when they read it. I have nothing against Georgia fans. Really, they are the fans I feel most connected to in the SEC. Maybe not connected to, but the best group of fans outside of Alabama fans.

I suppose what I find odd is that Mark Richt used so many gimmicks last year to inspire his team. One time he uses black jerseys, another time he orders his bench cleared in an attempt to intimidate a team, etc...

I mean, what next? Does he order his players to spit on opposing players? Does he tell his players to not use helmets in a show of brute force manhood? Maybe he will tell them to not wear cleats and to try to gouge opposing team's players eyes out with their toes while piled up.

How far does he take it?

They are a great group. We all actually get along and had a lot of fun with it.The common connection is we hate all things orange. Couple of my good UGA friends agree with "How far will he take it?" They believe Richt is too soft sometimes and should not have to resort to bigger things to get the team motivated.

I'll tell you the difference between the two teams, Georgia really was the better team and squeaked by. The war chickens, had the game handed to them on a gold platter. How many turnovers did we have again, 4-5? Lets just say, the ball bounced their way that day.

Sorry, I didn't get the warm and fuzzy felling that the others may have. I also wouldn't tell a Georgia fan that they really aren't that much better than the war chickens, that'd just sound ---- silly.

I'll leave you something that should get you excited though. TC coming in about 370-375 lbs and squatting over 660 lbs. That's going to demand a double team and free up a guy, which equals a player to do what ever the coaches want. That gets me excited more than us not getting beat by more than 7 points all year.

Different strokes for different folks. Maybe someone likes the way i'm thinking.

I did understand the intention of your post however, I disagree with you that the argument "could" be made.

Aftermath said:
I'll tell you the difference between the two teams, Georgia really was the better team and squeaked by. The war chickens, had the game handed to them on a gold platter. How many turnovers did we have again, 4-5? Lets just say, the ball bounced their way that day.

Sorry, I didn't get the warm and fuzzy felling that the others may have. I also wouldn't tell a Georgia fan that they really aren't that much better than the war chickens, that'd just sound ---- silly.

I'll leave you something that should get you excited though. TC coming in about 370-375 lbs and squatting over 660 lbs. That's going to demand a double team and free up a guy, which equals a player to do what ever the coaches want. That gets me excited more than us not getting beat by more than 7 points all year.

Different strokes for different folks. Maybe someone likes the way i'm thinking.

I did understand the intention of your post however, I disagree with you that the argument "could" be made.

It is called having fun with it...it is the offseason.
All the UGA fans(3 out of the 4 were UGA grads) I showed knew what the point was,dunno how you could miss it.I do not really understand your warm fuzzy feeling? Nobody I know got"a warm fuzzy feeling" that read this post.

You are a little behind on Mt. Cody, we already know.

Aftermath said:

Told you some folks would not get it. :wink:

Bama will always be underestimated (see the 92 championship game one week before it was played), but Georgia... Man, I hope no one underestimates them this year because there will be a whippin' post if you do.

GEORGIA COMPARED TO LA MONROE

First of all let me say I am a True Georgia fan through and through and do not compare us with La Monroe we are way above that and we have the best Coach in Mark Richt he is truly a great coach and what he stands for on and off the field is awesome . My husband is Dalton Tider on this forum and I must say most of the time this is a classy forum so Go DAWGS and bless you all and we will see you in Athens in Sept . God bless all of the troops who are serving abroad and the ones serving here . OUR son John David Jackson is serving this country in The Airforce as crew chief on the f-16 In Phoniex AZ at Luke Airforce base so thanks to all who have served and who are serving go hug a service man or woman today and do not forget the parents.

A little touchy? All I said was what I was looking forward to, and what I disagreed with.

While some will say that Ctraltdel had nailed it, some will like what I had to say as well. Nothing more to it than that. /shrug

i think UGA is going to be ridiculously good this season. they flat out beat the brakes off of AU and some other teams, and have alot of talent coming back. now, if i'm wrong things will get interesting over there. there will be people calling for Richt's head.

runswithscissors said:
i think UGA is going to be ridiculously good this season. they flat out beat the brakes off of AU and some other teams, and have alot of talent coming back. now, if i'm wrong things will get interesting over there. there will be people calling for Richt's head.

UGA = best team in the country this year. It is theirs to lose this year.

Swamptick said:
runswithscissors said:

UGA = best team in the country this year. It is theirs to lose this year.

This is why is was humorous to us and all the fans at my gathering.We know it is UGA's to lose. We had grads from Ole Miss., Aubrun, UGA, LSU Ga Southern, Troy, Alabama all at the lake this weekend cooking out and, skiing and hanging out. We were just having fun. Heck I give them grief over their silver britches all the time. All of us (at the party)agree UGA should have been playing in the NC game( I still think they had one or not the best team in the country last year). The main thing is, we all know our football, we are not bandwagon jumpers and were just having some fun reading through stuff. We are football fans and good friends. We just do not take things that serious to get pissed about opinions.

Trust me, we all know the talent UGA has, but that is what make picking with your friends so much fun. Good thing I do not hang around overly sensitive football fans, because it would be ruff here in Aubrun country.

Back
Top Bottom