| FTBL Looks Like Coach Croom is Getting MSU to the Point

bear facts

Verified Member
where he can start culling veteran players.

Defensive backs Demario Bobo and Keon Humphreys and linebacker Anthony Littlejohn, all of whom would’ve had a year of eligibility remaining, are departing.

Croom said the departures were due to the veterans likely not projecting to be able to make the 70-man dress roster for State this fall.

Link

According to Rivals, MSU's last 3 recruiting classes ranked 39th, 44th, and 33rd respectively. Either he's really coaching them up or these guys have other issues. Of course if Tuberville had signed the same classes, Rivals would have ranked them 3rd, 4th and 2nd in the nation.

I don't put a lot of stock in those recruiting rankings or player ratings. True, they do provide reference points but seem to be unable to quantify intangibles.

A perfect example: DeMeco Ryans

If those recruiting rankings were so reliable then Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, Texas, and Penn State would be touting more NCs than they have, not to mention LSU.

From what I had witnessed last season, CSC is getting the most out of what talent he does have.

I would much rather have an overachieving team of above average players than an underachieving team of great talent.

Bo7 said:
According to Rivals, MSU's last 3 recruiting classes ranked 39th, 44th, and 33rd respectively. Either he's really coaching them up or these guys have other issues. Of course if Tuberville had signed the same classes, Rivals would have ranked them 3rd, 4th and 2nd in the nation.
I don't understand that, it's Scout that are Auburn biased.

Bo7 said:

Scout*

-edit- Chris beat me to it. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom