| GOLF "Live from Augusta National, it's the Masters.

They are giving these away today.

GKpZ9V8XwAAzYqV

We’ve got a meeting that starts at 3 EST, I’m curious if the exec pauses at 3:15 and asks if anyone wants to walk out and watch the eclipse. Suppose to pass here at 3:18, last I heard. Probably a way to hammer it in the DEI bucket.

Brings up a great question... What is more overrated? The Masters or a total solar eclipse?

It ain't Augusta. On the surface, one could argue, maybe, possibly. Looking deeper into the inner working, Augusta National and its grounds are well worth everything publicized about it and the stories being told. Hell, just what's under the ground there is worth every bit of the lore.

It ain't Augusta. On the surface, one could argue, maybe, possibly. Looking deeper into the inner working, Augusta National and its grounds are well worth everything publicized about it and the stories being told. Hell, just what's under the ground there is worth every bit of the lore.

I’d personally never be able to make a fair ruling one way or another until I was able to try the food they serve. And that’s unlikely to ever happen. But I’m inclined to say the eclipse is slightly more overrated.

I’d personally never be able to make a fair ruling one way or another until I was able to try the food they serve. And that’s unlikely to ever happen. But I’m inclined to say the eclipse is slightly more overrated.

I'll be honest, it's not like the food is gourmet or just so freaking tasty it's delicious, it's more the fact you can get a sandwich for $1.50 and a beer for $3.00, chips for $1, cookies for $1, ice cream for $3 type stuff. Sandwiches are fresh and tasty, but not going to be worth the $1,000 for a badge specifically.

Now the condition of the course, unreal. When you can dictate the bloom of your azailias by the day, you got some amazing stuff in place. The "Weed Rule", the entire place is immaculant.

But I’m inclined to say the eclipse is slightly more overrated.
I spent the day outside only glancing at the TV coverage on occasion. The announcers on several channels were akin to Gus Johnson on steroids with a shot of meth on the side. One of the ladies on CNN was screaming like she was auditioning for a car giveaway on Oprah. Hell, she probably lost the role of the GF to Meg Ryan in Sleepless...

Brings up a great question... What is more overrated? The Masters or a total solar eclipse?
Not overrated, either one. I went to the Masters some years ago, just an incredible experience. I saw the total eclipse seven years ago, drove up for the day to East Tennessee, ended up in a hayfield in Madisonville. It was spectacular, a 360 degree sunset, amazing how it cooled down, and how you could feel the evening air, although it was midday.

I spent the day outside only glancing at the TV coverage on occasion. The announcers on several channels were akin to Gus Johnson on steroids with a shot of meth on the side. One of the ladies on CNN was screaming like she was auditioning for a car giveaway on Oprah. Hell, she probably lost the role of the GF to Meg Ryan in Sleepless...
I finished my ride today and turn the TV on to see what the temp was getting to be ... The Today was running segments on themselves covering the eclipse. "The Today crew..."

Not overrated, either one. I went to the Masters some years ago, just an incredible experience. I saw the total eclipse seven years ago, drove up for the day to East Tennessee, ended up in a hayfield in Madisonville. It was spectacular, a 360 degree sunset, amazing how it cooled down, and how you could feel the evening air, although it was midday.

Don't take my post too seriously... I had my trolling motor in the water... I'm all for people enjoying what they enjoy. I almost went to the Masters in 2016, but opted not to...

You can order it.

Yeah, I've seen that. But that's like getting Dreamland shipped to you, not the same. I want to tear into an egg salad sandwich at ground zero for the full experience.

Barkley's take last night on it was very close to mine.

Justin Thomas, who is a two-time major winner, Lee Hodges, who won his first event on TOUR in 2023, and Nick Dunlap, who in 2023 became the first amateur in 33 years to win on the PGA TOUR, will all tee it up this week in Augusta, Georgia with the hopes of putting on the green jacket.

Justin Thomas will begin his first round at 9:18 Thursday morning with 2021 Masters Champion Hideki Matsuyama and Will Zalatoris. Thomas is playing in his 8th event this season and is currently ranked 28th in the world.

Lee Hodges will tee off in his first Masters appearance at 10:06 Thursday with Adrian Meronk and Grayson Murray on the grounds of Augusta National. Hodges’ is currently 74th in the world and is coming off a season best T12 finish a few weeks ago at the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

Nick Dunlap, who caught the sporting world by storm when he won on the PGA TOUR as an amateur before turning pro, will also make his first appearance in The Masters this week. Dunlap, who is currently ranked 74th in the world, will tee off Thursday morning with some of the best players in the world in his group. Jon Rahm, two-time major winner and the defending Masters champion, and Matthew Fitzpatrick, the 2022 U.S. Open champion, will join Dunlap on the first tee Thursday morning at 9:30.

Only three players in the history of the sport have won The Masters in their first ever appearance in the tournament, and Nick Dunlap and Lee Hodges look to add their name to that list. Justin Thomas is looking for his first green jacket and third major championship to add to an already decorated career.

The first group of the 2024 Masters will tee off at 7 a.m. central time, however, times may change as officials are prepared for possible inclement weather to move into the area throughout the day.

Outside of a few degrees the weather in Augusta normally mirrors what I get here at home.

I saw releases last night about a delay today: no doubt about it this morning. I HOPE the wind is strong this afternoon: it'll help dry the course out a little. If not, they'll post some low scores tomorrow.

We're forecasted to get 2-3" in the next eight hours. I can't speak for the water table in Augusta; it's high in Charleston so we'll be flooding. High tide at 10 will help a little, hopefully, if the majority of the rain comes around lunch!

One of the techs that works at our site is heading down this a.m. I warned him about feeling like hammered shit in the mornings and puking up Pimento Cheese sammiches will turn him against The Masters for life. Excitement has a tendency to overcome self discipline. :p

One of the techs that works at our site is heading down this a.m. I warned him about feeling like hammered shit in the mornings and puking up Pimento Cheese sammiches will turn him against The Masters for life. Excitement has a tendency to overcome self discipline. :p
Imagine if it was played in August: egg salad and beer. Lord help 'em.

I've got homemade Pimento Cheese in the 'fridge...antipimentite.

According to Fox News primetime, Tiger Woods has taken an oath of celibacy during the week of the Master’s.. Tiger wants to win… Im sure his girlfriend is breathing a sigh of relief for the first time in their relationship..

According to Fox News primetime, Tiger Woods has taken an oath of celibacy during the week of the Master’s.. Tiger wants to win… Im sure his girlfriend is breathing a sigh of relief for the first time in their relationship..
What’s there to hit in Augusta besides golf balls? Or do the have a meat packing district?

Back
Top Bottom