| FTBL Let's open it up a little

If you are looking for a dazzling offense this weekend you might want to find another game to watch. I firmly believe we'll see "3 yards and a cloud of dust" most of the game. Much like Vanderbilt where they couldn't stop us running the ball, I don't believe Ole Miss will either. And if they can't stop it, why stop doing it?

TerryP said:
If you are looking for a dazzling offense this weekend you might want to find another game to watch. I firmly believe we'll see "3 yards and a cloud of dust" most of the game. Much like Vanderbilt where they couldn't stop us running the ball, I don't believe Ole Miss will either. And if they can't stop it, why stop doing it?

Good point. A real key to this game is going to be blocking effectively without getting a lot of penalties. This plan only works if it's always 1st and 10. 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20 will require a pass. You can't be too conservative in your blocking though or "3 yards and a cloud of dust" becomes "negative 2 yards and a RB on his butt". You have stop Old Missy's front 7 without piling up a lot of penalties. Let's all pray for Rocky Goode.

TerryP said:

Amen, they are giving up 200 yards a game on the ground. Establish the running game, win the game by using their weakness against them.

RollTideRandy said:
TerryP said:

Good point. A real key to this game is going to be blocking effectively without getting a lot of penalties. This plan only works if it's always 1st and 10. 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20 will require a pass. You can't be too conservative in your blocking though or "3 yards and a cloud of dust" becomes "negative 2 yards and a RB on his butt". You have stop Old Missy's front 7 without piling up a lot of penalties. Let's all pray for Rocky Goode.

Today's paycheck (no, not really) says that we'll see people comparing the offense this weekend with Shula's because we'll be running between the tackles a lot. The shaky part of their DL is in the middle, and their linebackers aren't what you normally see in the SEC. I hope to see 8-9 in the box.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the offense start off passing quite a bit just to get them on their heels.

TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
TerryP said:

Today's paycheck (no, not really) says that we'll see people comparing the offense this weekend with Shula's because we'll be running between the tackles a lot. The shaky part of their DL is in the middle, and their linebackers aren't what you normally see in the SEC. I hope to see 8-9 in the box.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the offense start off passing quite a bit just to get them on their heels.
I agree, however I have always loved the long touchdown pass on the first play of the game :)

Nate said:
TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
TerryP said:

I agree, however I have always loved the long touchdown pass on the first play of the game :)

UF, '05, hell of a play. But, I don't mind seeing something like Shaud's run against Arkansas in '02.

To be honest I would like to see more i-form and two back sets. I really do not care for the Aee set too much unless you have a outstanding QB.

Bones82 said:
To be honest I would like to see more i-form and two back sets. I really do not care for the Aee set too much unless you have a outstanding QB.

And what would you suggest on blocking for these two sets you want to see?

What you seem to be failing to realize is the staff is working with what they have, not what you want to see. The thing that worked at LSU is what you are seeing right now. So, let's change what works?

TerryP said:

And the Hallelujah chorus begins. :)

Back
Top Bottom