| OT Let’s check in with the Montana high school golf state championship...“Conditions were *really* tough. Just couldn’t make any putts..."

Golf is a fall Sport in High school. The main reasons are the kids have been playing through the summer and are at the peak of their game.

Also courses are in their best shape of the year in August and September.

Once you get north of the TN/KY border, most courses are not playable until late April or early May. Most Schools are getting out for the summer the last week in May.

Golf is a fall Sport in High school. The main reasons are the kids have been playing through the summer and are at the peak of their game.

Also courses are in their best shape of the year in August and September.

Once you get north of the TN/KY border, most courses are not playable until late April or early May. Most Schools are getting out for the summer the last week in May.

Hmm, good information. I promise golf season was during baseball season while I was in high school. That's why I never played, because I was better at baseball, and had some firends vice versa that never played ball because they were better at golf.

Golf is a Spring sport here in Alabama. There has been some talk of trying to move it to the fall, but no luck yet. The Spring is simply jam packed with sports as it is and the weather really doesn’t get decent until it’s time to get out. Baseball starts in February and it’s cold and wet with multiple rain outs. They get 18-20 playing dates plus a tourney or two but they have to start playoffs the 2nd week of April and they play best 2 out of 3 all of the way through.

I would like to disagree with @Bamaclam! It’s a beautiful 72 degrees, but will get down to 38 tonight. So, us displaced Alabama boys to the great white north are very much golfing!
Hey Ledge,

Just saying that is the reason they play in the fall. I golf all year round if it is 45+.

One of my golf buddies is the coach for a high school in Memphis and this is what he told me about why Golf is a fall sport in H.S.

Hey if you live south of Bham golf is all year round especially in FLA.

Back
Top Bottom