| FTBL Kentucky Game Concerns Me...

In my opinion, this is where we will see a great difference in the Saban era and the Shula era. CNS will keep their heads on straight and even if it isn't an absolute domination it should be a win. I think coming off of the Clemson win to play Tulane is a little bit different than coming off of a Georgia win to play another SEC team. They will be ready.

TerryP said:
After reading all of the thoughts here, I still am not buying into the Faygo flavored drink they are serving in Lexington.

I've seen two games by UK this year. And, we aren't Louisville and we aren't Middle Tennessee State.

FWIW, this isn't 2007 if you need to reset your computer clock and what year it represents.

I resent this post!

I live close to Lexington, and I love me some Diet Faygo!

As far as UK is concerned, they will be overmatched.

TerryP said:
Sorry, I don't see any of those two as a trap game. You were outplayed on both games by great offenses.

385 yards rushing against Arkansas. Are you saying you were overlooking McFadden and Jones?

Versus UK, LSU was a lot like our game versus Georgia last weekend. In the last of the 3 quarter and the entire 4th quarter you let the offense (Woodson and his passing attack with a little Rapheal Little mixed in) score on 3 different possessions. LSU had 5 of the first seven scores in that game.

I'm sorry if you thought so, but the offensive power Kentucky had last year wasn't an unknown. Even with the two INT's UK threw they still came right back after you in the air.

Our UK game was nothing like your Georgia game.. Georgia never had a chance. We gave UK the game in double overtime..

We got our #1 Ranking right before both games. which definition of a trap game is one where a team is looking past their current opponent towards the one they will be playing the next week. In those cases, the team may not be as prepared or as focused as they should be. Which Auburn was after Kentucky and the SEC Championship was after Arkansas.

We lost both of those games in double overtime because our team played flat.....

So I guess from your statement I should not expect Bama fans to understand football analogies concerning LSU.

I am concerned that we may come out flat this week, but with an open date after Ky, and some of the problems we had in the second half, I expect that the staff will really get their attention this week.

I also don't think UK has the offensive firepower to make this interesting, unless we melt down on special teams and turn the ball over on offense.

LeSU said:
Our UK game was nothing like your Georgia game.. Georgia never had a chance. We gave UK the game in double overtime..

We got our #1 Ranking right before both games. which definition of a trap game is one where a team is looking past their current opponent towards the one they will be playing the next week. In those cases, the team may not be as prepared or as focused as they should be. Which Auburn was after Kentucky and the SEC Championship was after Arkansas.

We lost both of those games in double overtime because our team played flat.....

So I guess from your statement I should not expect Bama fans to understand football analogies concerning LSU.

You completely missed the point of both games that I specifically brought up.

How can a team overlook (we'll use Arkansas as the specific example this time) when the same team in 2006 rushed for right at 300 yards? Then, "looking foward to the SECCG" you allow them to surpass that number again? LSU was up by 2 points at the half, 5 after 3 quarters and the game ended that way.

So, if I were to believe what you are saying I should see this as what happened with 2006 was forgotten?

It makes absolutely no sense. You knew, the team knew, the coaching staff knew what Arkansas was bringing to the field. You didn't stop it from happening.

That is by no means a trap game when it has happened before in the very same manner.

As to UK again...playing UF, the at UK, then Auburn I could see looking at Auburn.

Except.

When you played UK they were, as they had been a lot of 2007, a top 25 team. At that game, UK was ranked #14 in the nation. Which, ironically, was the same place Auburn was ranked when you played them the following week.

This is the same UK that had put 40 on the board versus a top 10 team earlier that year. The same team that had put 42 up on Arkansas. If you are saying that was truly a trap game due to what they were doing and where they were ranked your 2007 season is far higher on the "lucky" scale than I had originally thought.

Your new here and I'm glad to have another LSU fan on this forum. Those LSU fans that are already here can assure you when I talk about LSU it isn't just words coming out of my arse. I've based my opinion on something substantial.

TerryP said:
LeSU said:

How can a team overlook (we'll use Arkansas as the specific example this time) when the same team in 2006 rushed for right at 300 yards? Then, "looking foward to the SECCG" you allow them to surpass that number again? LSU was up by 2 points at the half, 5 after 3 quarters and the game ended that way.

So, if I were to believe what you are saying I should see this as what happened with 2006 was forgotten?

It makes absolutely no sense. You knew, the team knew, the coaching staff knew what Arkansas was bringing to the field. You didn't stop it from happening.

That is by no means a trap game when it has happened before in the very same manner.

As to UK again...playing UF, the at UK, then Auburn I could see looking at Auburn.

Except.

When you played UK they were, as they had been a lot of 2007, a top 25 team. At that game, UK was ranked #14 in the nation. Which, ironically, was the same place Auburn was ranked when you played them the following week.

This is the same UK that had put 40 on the board versus a top 10 team earlier that year. The same team that had put 42 up on Arkansas. If you are saying that was truly a trap game due to what they were doing and where they were ranked your 2007 season is far higher on the "lucky" scale than I had originally thought.

Your new here and I'm glad to have another LSU fan on this forum. Those LSU fans that are already here can assure you when I talk about LSU it isn't just words coming out of my arse. I've based my opinion on something substantial.

I agree completey with you. :lol: I know we should have won those games nuff said. Anyways thank ya for your input and I am glad to be here. It is good to have Bama and LSU in the top 3.

TerryP said:
After reading all of the thoughts here, I still am not buying into the Faygo flavored drink they are serving in Lexington.

I've seen two games by UK this year. And, we aren't Louisville and we aren't Middle Tennessee State.

FWIW, this isn't 2007 if you need to reset your computer clock and what year it represents.

Exactly. Unless the 5 brightest UK students have made a time machine and brought back the 07' Kentucky team...I'm not gonna lose any sleep. :wink:

porkchop said:
UK concerns you? They ALL concern me. A coach once, when asked if it was a big game, replied, "try losing it and see how big it is then". They're all big and hopefully the kids and staff continue to take them one at a time.

As far as UK goes, I think we're the better team. There's little doubt about that, but you have to translate it on the field. BAMA has a lot going for it in this one, and as long as they show up prepared it shouldn't be a problem to dispatch the Cats.

This is a good post. While some are talking about LSU and Auburn, I am only worried about the next game. I hope the team is too.

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeSU wrote:

Except.

Dad used to say "LSU gets arrogant." (when they win)
That has also certainly been true of Alabama in the last decade particularly in 2005 before LSU knocked us off!

A good coach is hired to stop that sh't! :evil:

The whole country is pretty much saying Bama is the best team now :roll: When Regis says it on national t.v. that is the iceing on the cake. I hate all the publicity, even though I know its just part of it and there is no way to get away from it...Just trusting Saban to keep the boys grounded and not floating away.And yes...arrogance will destroy a team.

I know I'm going to get bashed for looking ahead but really I'm not just thinking ahead. I agree with Porkchop all the games left concern me KY IMO we should handle them it's at BDS and we should be the better team but if KY could pull the upset it would give them a win over the number 1 team in 2007 and number 2 team in 2008 that should really help them in recruiting so I'm sure they will be fired up.

Ole Miss is always a tough game and Nutt has a way in pulling upsets

Tenn A win against Bama could be all they have left to make thier season if they lose to GA and Fat Phil job more than likily will be on the line.

Ark St homecoming and all the distractions plus LSU the next week a real trap game here

LSU nothing needs said here should both teams be undeafted coming in

Miss ST. Croom all he cares about is beating Bama and a win here might save his job again

Auburn If Tubby wins this one he once again the gteatest head coach to all the barners

So IMO where going to get everybodys A game from here on out and the coaches know this so I don't look for no real let downs soory so long just my thoughts.

Southern Bama said:
The whole country is pretty much saying Bama is the best team now :roll: When Regis says it on national t.v. that is the iceing on the cake. I hate all the publicity, even though I know its just part of it and there is no way to get away from it...Just trusting Saban to keep the boys grounded and not floating away.And yes...arrogance will destroy a team.

Southern, where have you been? I've been all alone for so long. :D

I'm not worried one bit about Kentucky, nope not one bit. Oh my, I can't even try to type that without getting nervous so you know how serious to take that one. :wink: Alabama football is dangerous to my heart. :shock: :D

You guys would be proud of me though. I have thoroughly enjoyed this win and will continue to do so. Sure, Kentucky is at the back of my mind and stomach but the Georgia game was huge. So much of it is still surreal.

I guess I'm just going to have to get used to getting nervous every single Sat. You'd think I'd be a pro at that by now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom