Bamaman37

CLICK HERE for other SEC players of the week

SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
KAREEM JACKSON
Cornerback
ALABAMA
5-11 • 185
Macon, Ga. (Westside HS/Fork Union)

Jackson was credited with six total tackles (five solos), two interceptions and a tackle for loss in Alabama's 41-17 win against Tennessee.
First interception came in thie quarter at the Alabama 10-yard line with the Tide leading, 24-17, and was returned 29 yards.
His second interception came in the fourth quarter at the Alabama 27-yard line.
Alabama defense shut out Tennessee in the second half.

Congrats to Kareem! He was on a mission, but so was DJ Hall. When will he ever get any recognition? He was on fire Saturday.

BamaDelta said:
Congrats to Kareem! He was on a mission, but so was DJ Hall. When will he ever get any recognition? He was on fire Saturday.

I hear ya Delta, DJ is a stud. The guy quietly brings in the numbers and does his job. The best Alabama has had IMHO. Hoping Julio signs to fill his spot, its gonna be a big loss not seeing him on Saturdays.

Bama1966 said:
BamaDelta said:

I hear ya Delta, DJ is a stud. The guy quietly brings in the numbers and does his job. The best Alabama has had IMHO. Hoping Julio signs to fill his spot, its gonna be a big loss not seeing him on Saturdays.

I agree with you 66. I hate to lose DJ and I hope that we can get Jones. However, I'm keeping my eye on number 9. I look back to '05: DJ showed potential, but Prothro was the man. Sadly, we all know what happened. I remember watching the '06 A-day game and thinking how DJ looked then. It was as if he had accepted the fact that Pro would not be back for a while and that it was his turn to step up and be the man. I would think we all can agree that he accomplished that. When I see Stover now, somehow he reminds me of DJ in '05. He seems to take advantage of the opportunities that he's given on the field, and to be waiting his turn. I wonder if, when he gets his turn he will step up and be the next man for the Crimson Tide. Either way I'm excited about how we look at WR now, and for the future.

Back
Top Bottom