| FTBL Kalen DeBoer won the 2023 Walter Camp Coach of the Year award at the ceremony last night, selected by 131 FBS head coaches and sports information dire

It seems that coach is not in it for the money. Washington offered up substantial money to stay. He has the guts to follow a legend. DeBoer is a real competitor. Think we will be good for the long-term, assuming he doesn't want to try his hand in the NFL. Still, 2024 season may be a little bumpy.

It seems that coach is not in it for the money. Washington offered up substantial money to stay. He has the guts to follow a legend. DeBoer is a real competitor. Think we will be good for the long-term, assuming he doesn't want to try his hand in the NFL. Still, 2024 season may be a little bumpy.
I thought Alabama offered slightly more money than Washington did. I don't think 2024 will be bumpy road.

I thought Alabama offered slightly more money than Washington did. I don't think 2024 will be bumpy road.
You are right. A little more (we'll see the actual dollar amount for CKD when they release details from the BOT meeting.)

He had two offers from UW: one before Thanksgiving and the other (the 9+ million offer) in the playoffs.

No matter how you slice this story the offer to stay at Washington versus taking the Bama job? There is little difference: compensation, taxes, etc.

There is a difference in the programs. Washington is an "old school football blue blood." Not so much any more ...

Back
Top Bottom