| FTBL Justin Woodall update...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

Some of you may remember that Woodall had planned on playing baseball this spring for Alabama (in addition to football). For those that don't know, he was a hell of a pitcher in HS (a southpaw too). Well, Jim Wells announced today that he will not be playing baseball this year, here is the complete quote from his press conference...

"We followed up with Justin closely and Justin decided to just play football. He feels like he has a chance to start, so that is all I know about it. This has all happened since we got back (from Christmas break). We made some inquiries into his intentions and it seemed like after he talked to Coach Saban that he wanted to just play football. That’s really all I know about it."

-Coach Jim Wells

Porterhouse said:
Some of you may remember that Woodall had planned on playing baseball this spring for Alabama (in addition to football). For those that don't know, he was a hell of a pitcher in HS (a southpaw too). Well, Jim Wells announced today that he will not be playing baseball this year, here is the complete quote from his press conference...

"We followed up with Justin closely and Justin decided to just play football. He feels like he has a chance to start, so that is all I know about it. This has all happened since we got back (from Christmas break). We made some inquiries into his intentions and it seemed like after he talked to Coach Saban that he wanted to just play football. That’s really all I know about it."

-Coach Jim Wells

It's going to take something more than what he's done so far to be the guy on the football field. I may be wrong, but I just don't see him as making something of his career on the football field.

TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:

-Coach Jim Wells

It's going to take something more than what he's done so far to be the guy on the football field. I may be wrong, but I just don't see him as making something of his career on the football field.

Well, I'll be the first to admit I was DEAD wrong about him. I thought he was going to be a stud. Maybe something will click for him... but it is going to have to click soon.

I don't doubt his athletic ability. What I've understood is a problem developing in terms of understanding the role Saban wants his Safeties to play.

It's something I do find intriguing, especially when the LB'er roles do seem to be the more difficult of the scheme to master, yet, we had a true frosh come and and was able to call the sets this past season.

Porterhouse said:
Well, I'll be the first to admit I was DEAD wrong about him. I thought he was going to be a stud. Maybe something will click for him... but it is going to have to click soon.

Same here Pooter, he's been pretty disappointing so far. I kind of wish he would of gave baseball a chance though. :?

Back
Top Bottom