| FTBL Just wanting your opinions

bear facts said:
TrojanTiger13 said:
bear facts said:
TrojanTiger13 said:
reger60 said:
TrojanTiger13 said:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/ea...utely-shredded/

It's kind of refreshing to an Auburn fan to see someone rip into bama when everyone else is worshipping saban. I seriously just want to hear the feedback about this article.

BTW I don't really agree with a lot of this article.

My opinion is that you're directing everyone to a blank link. Check it again, my new barner friend.
My bad :D

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/cate...nt-to-see-nick-saban-get-absolutely-shredded/

Have you even taken the time to consider the source and author? What are Rustin Legendre's credentials?

With a last name like Legendre, it wouldn't surprise me if this were not another Louisiana State fan who feels jilted by Saban. :roll:

Again I am just wanting to get the Alabama fanbases opinion on the article. Please read over my previous post and you will see I am not bashing bama and I actually stated that I didn't agree with a large portion of the article.

Calm down. I am attempting to be respectful on a rivals site.

One can act respectfully while still stirring the pot.

Btw, my comment may have confused you. I was not referring to you as the jilted LSU fan but rather the writer, Rustin Legendre, of that very unbiased article.

No I understood you my confusion was with the amount of undeserved hostility.

TWBama said:
bear facts said:
the writer, Rustin Legendre, of that very biased article.

Buncha cajun good for nuthin Louisianians...

Actually I have not been able to find a bio for Rustin Legendre, but from his bylines he looks to be a Miami Dolphin fan, which would also explain his remarks about Saban and Alabama.

bear facts said:
he looks to be a Miami Dolphin fan, which would also explain his remarks about Saban and Alabama.

That sucks for him... To have the greatest coach in the nation TWICE, and lose him to us... Well, come to think of it I'd be pretty pissed, too. I'd prolly be writin articles too...

TrojanTiger13 said:
bear facts said:
TrojanTiger13 said:
bear facts said:
TrojanTiger13 said:
reger60 said:
TrojanTiger13 said:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/ea...utely-shredded/

It's kind of refreshing to an Auburn fan to see someone rip into bama when everyone else is worshipping saban. I seriously just want to hear the feedback about this article.

BTW I don't really agree with a lot of this article.

My opinion is that you're directing everyone to a blank link. Check it again, my new barner friend.
My bad :D

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/cate...nt-to-see-nick-saban-get-absolutely-shredded/

Have you even taken the time to consider the source and author? What are Rustin Legendre's credentials?

With a last name like Legendre, it wouldn't surprise me if this were not another Louisiana State fan who feels jilted by Saban. :roll:

Again I am just wanting to get the Alabama fanbases opinion on the article. Please read over my previous post and you will see I am not bashing bama and I actually stated that I didn't agree with a large portion of the article.

Calm down. I am attempting to be respectful on a rivals site.

One can act respectfully while still stirring the pot.

Btw, my comment may have confused you. I was not referring to you as the jilted LSU fan but rather the writer, Rustin Legendre, of that very unbiased article.

No I understood you my confusion was with the amount of undeserved hostility.

Have you even considered that the remarks were made in jest and not with "undeserved hostility?"

Go back and take a look at one or two of those emoticons.

You come over and ask this group to respond to such a ridiculous article, I thought I would joke along with you.

“Undeserved hostility?” Really now, come on. Does it really confuse you that much? Try putting the shoe on the other foot for a minute. What if this was 1999 and ESPN had just finished having a field day blasting Tubby for leaving Ole Miss. Then a Bama fan posts an article on an AU board written by an Ole Miss fan blasting Tubby and said it was “Refreshing” to a Bama fan to see someone blasting Tubby after “everyone else is worshipping him” recently. I guess you would have us believe that all AU fans would thank that Bama fan for posting such an informative article and then talk about how much they enjoy reading negative things about their beloved coach. I mean, that’s what I would expect to happen. Especially since I’ve been banned from AU boards for having a Bama Screen Name and from another for posting a joke on a USC board. Yep, they are an open minded bunch. I’m sure they would never be hostile to someone posting something negative about their coach. You have to understand though, we Bama fans are different. We take offense to folks posting articles bashing our coach. So here is a little advice for you, in the future, if you are going to post something negative about the UofA or Saban on this board, expect the locals to be hostile. Also, consider yourself warned so that you don’t feel this hostility is “undeserved” in the future.

RollTideRandy said:
“Undeserved hostility?” Really now, come on. Does it really confuse you that much? Try putting the shoe on the other foot for a minute. What if this was 1999 and ESPN had just finished having a field day blasting Tubby for leaving Ole Miss. Then a Bama fan posts an article on an AU board written by an Ole Miss fan blasting Tubby and said it was “Refreshing” to a Bama fan to see someone blasting Tubby after “everyone else is worshipping him” recently. I guess you would have us believe that all AU fans would thank that Bama fan for posting such an informative article and then talk about how much they enjoy reading negative things about their beloved coach. I mean, that’s what I would expect to happen. Especially since I’ve been banned from AU boards for having a Bama Screen Name and from another for posting a joke on a USC board. Yep, they are an open minded bunch. I’m sure they would never be hostile to someone posting something negative about their coach. You have to understand though, we Bama fans are different. We take offense to folks posting articles bashing our coach. So here is a little advice for you, in the future, if you are going to post something negative about the UofA or Saban on this board, expect the locals to be hostile. Also, consider yourself warned so that you don’t feel this hostility is “undeserved” in the future.

He said underserved hostility. He's not getting enough, and it's getting to him. He really thought scathing blather from a whiny fins fan would set us off. Newsflash: Dolphins fans don't like Saban. LSU fans publicly don't like Saban. aubrun fans don't like anything related to the University.

RTR,

Tim

Did you say......

SATAN???

church_lady.jpg

:D

TrojanTiger13 said:
RollTideRandy said:
You need to give us some links to these articles where “everyone else is worshipping saban”. Everything we have seen from ESPN and just about every national sports news source has ripped Saban pretty good every since he left Miami. The only place I have seen where there were articles “worshipping Saban” was in the T-town news and from Finebaum. So unless those are the only places you have been looking for sports news since January (and from an AU fan, it really wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case), I really can’t understand where you got this idea that everyone has been worshipping Saban.
First off I attend UA(until the end of Fall and I get to go East to the promised land to finish up my college tenure) and yes I have to read and hear Finebaum and the T-town news kiss Saban butt, but ESPN has had segments about the 2007 SEC about 3 times in the last 2 months and it always revolves around Saban. Herbstreet kissed up to NS just last week as a matter of fact on Sportscenter.

Phil Steele's College preview seemed to be printed right out of Rece Phifer! :lol:

5 pages devoted to bama/saban in athlon.....more than any other team.

And I'm not stupid I'm aware that saban to bama is a big story but it just gets old.

Really? Because that same story on ESPN done by Kirk seemed to be all about LSU and Florida, and praised/mentioned Kentucky and Woodson moreso than Alabama and/or Nick Saban. The only thing I heard was that one of the games of the year was going to be LSU/Alabama.

TT13, as others have alluded to, that piece of crap is not an article. It's a blog. Big difference. What opinion were you looking for from Alabama fans? Did you expect any to agree? Be bold enough to admit you were just stirring the pot and we'll respect you more. As I've asked others of your persuasion, why even come on here to begin with?

TrojanTiger13 said:
First off I attend UA(until the end of Fall and I get to go East to the promised land to finish up my college tenure)

I'm sorry you flunked out. I almost did too my freshman year but after a little "attitude adjustment" from my father, turned things around and did pretty well the next three years. Definitely one of those "course corrections" in my life.

But you made a good choice. With your obvious struggles with the English language, you'll be more comfortable on the Plains. The way I understand it, they have a much more accommodating curriculum and degree program. Might I suggest Sociology? :wink:

Denny Chimes said:
TT13, as others have alluded to, that piece of crap is not an article. It's a blog. Big difference. What opinion were you looking for from Alabama fans? Did you expect any to agree? Be bold enough to admit you were just stirring the pot and we'll respect you more. As I've asked others of your persuasion, why even come on here to begin with?

TrojanTiger13 said:
First off I attend UA(until the end of Fall and I get to go East to the promised land to finish up my college tenure)

I'm sorry you flunked out. I almost did too my freshman year but after a little "attitude adjustment" from my father, turned things around and did pretty well the next three years. Definitely one of those "course corrections" in my life.

But you made a good choice. With your obvious struggles with the English language, you'll be more comfortable on the Plains. The way I understand it, they have a much more accommodating curriculum and degree program. Might I suggest Sociology? :wink:

And the award for Best Undeserved Hostility goes to... :D

I think it's a AOL blog written by Rustin Legendre. Posted Jan of 06, therefore it really has nothing to do with the present, Or am I the only one seeing this....

Back
Top Bottom