| FTBL Just for Fun KSU vs. AU

rammajamma

Verified Member
The facts:

Last year KSU

Got the crap kicked out of them in the Texas Bowl by Rutgers 37-10.

Beat OK State Last year 31-27

BeatTexaslast year 45-42

7 Returning Offensive Starters

6 Returning Defensive Starters

My Prediction KSU 24 AU 21 and everyone will be amazed :lol: ;flame *barner

Go Wildcats!

I'm hoping for the upset. I think KSU has some talent and they can win the game but they'll have to play well from start to finish. It can be done though, as evidenced by some of their wins last year. They're making their way back.

Well, this is not going to be a creampuff game, nor was it ever scheduled to be. This will be our biggest home game this year, 2nd only to the Iron Bowl.

Our defense will be one of the keys to the game. If our defense is clicking, we are going to be in good shape due to our speed. If the defense is playing catch-up to KSU all night, it's gonna get ugly.

As someone said, I think our run game is going to give us the edge, but the bottom line is whether our defense can hold them or not. If it comes down to special teams, I think we lose. Too many "green" kickers for a first game special teams win.

Should make for a great week 1 game.

barn-owls versus the wild-kitty's

K.S.U. is away and Auburn is a raucous noisy place to play. We all know what Alabama and Auburn like to do to an unfamiliar opponent in an opener: Attack early and dazzle them with "trickeration"! A 14 point cushion then becomes a scenario in which Jordan Hare will fire up to a fever pitch and do the rest.

A.U. is at home and coming off a Cotton Bowl win versus another Big 12 power Nebraska 17-14. I watched this game closely. I absolutely must say that Auburn was generally unsuccessful moving the Nebraska defensive line. I saw little running which enjoyed success due to Nebraska d-men being blocked well. To sum it up: "Nebraska out muscled Auburn"

MY CALL:
This game could go either way and Big 12 officials will call the game I assume.
:twisted:

We all know anything can happen, especially in opening games. And when UAB beats LSU, and UCF and a weak MSU beat Bama, you know never to bet the farm. However, I think conditioning and depth will be Auburn's big advantage against KSU. Cox is healthy for the first time since early last season and that too should make for a much better offense.

I say Auburn 27 KSU 10

Proud Tiger said:
We all know anything can happen, especially in opening games. And when UAB beats LSU, and UCF and a weak MSU beat Bama, you know never to bet the farm. However, I think conditioning and depth will be Auburn's big advantage against KSU. Cox is healthy for the first time since early last season and that too should make for a much better offense.

I say Auburn 27 KSU 10

I think KSU will score more points but not enough to beat the superior athletes on the plains.

AubRun 27 KSU 17

Proud Tiger said:

I say Auburn 27 KSU 10

Cox is healthy?

Josh Freeman returning QB will be a major factor in this game he was a true Freshman last year when they Beat Texas last year the kid was tough. He will not be easily shaken. He was an Elite 11 QB 2 years ago.
The barn will have their hands full. The defense is bringing back alot of starters from last year as well. Ian Campbell DE/LB remember his name you will hear it alot on the defensive side of the ball.
I know some barners who laugh about this game, I just keep my mouth shut. It is hard to keep laughing with your teeth kicked in.
Will be a great game.

Philip

RTR

Back
Top Bottom