| FTBL Just Auburn Things

The Barn being the Barn. Unfortunately if they have this deep of pockets and they ever get a clue they could pay a lot of money and get a real coach. Do not want to see that.

There were some national media guys that seemed to be blown away the other day when the terms of the Harsin contract were released. The similarities between his and Gus', in terms of the buyout details was striking. If he's fired without cause, he will be owed 70% of his remaining contract value, half of which must be paid within 30 days (no offset or mitigation). That isn't the surprising part to me. The surprising part is these football writers are too dense to see that auburn has zero leverage based on their past actions. Even a guy like Harsin, who is just a Gus in a different wrapper, they get taken to the cleaners. Their entire AD is an absolute mess.

Not sure what happened to Gus high dollar backers that got him that 7.5 million deal after the win over the 2017 Bama (NC) and the 2019 Bama team but they later turned on him in 2020.

Turn on him like a rattler!

AC2CC67A-151C-4B7D-B2B8-A7C8A5679F79.png

and @Brandon Van de Graaff.... with somebody like Harsin.... you would think since its a big break( ??????) for him....going from mid-major to P5...the School/ program would have the leverage and keep it in favor of themselves....throw money around ..

If I remember the story correctly, it was the previous president who liked Gus and pushed for the extension. From what I understand the AD who replaced Jacobs was not in favor, but it got done anyway. And then that president was let go or fired or whatever, and the new president was stuck with Gus.

If I remember the story correctly, it was the previous president who liked Gus and pushed for the extension. From what I understand the AD who replaced Jacobs was not in favor, but it got done anyway. And then that president was let go or fired or whatever, and the new president was stuck with Gus.

That, and Gus leveraged the Arkansas opening (if I remember) to force the issue as well.

Back
Top Bottom