| FTBL John Feinstein: I have maintained for a long time that ACC football is one of THE most overrated entities on earth

18Champs

I have maintained for a long time that ACC football is one of THE most overrated entities on earth. Yes, Clemson is a national power and Florida State used to be. After that? A bunch of mediocre football schools lapping up TV money and playing in 6-6 bowls so the league can say..

(2) "the ACC produced nine bowl teams this year! The league was totally exposed this bowl season: It went 0-6! Clemson deserved a spot in the playoff but got embarrassed by Ohio State; Notre Dame didn't deserve a spot and go embarrassed by Alabama. North Carolina, Miami...

(3) Wake Forest, N.C. State all lost--State to 4-6 Kentucky. The ACC is a lot closer to the Sun Belt right now than the other P-5 conferences. John Swofford sold the league's basketball soul to add all these football mediocrities. And they'll probably name an award for him.

Didn’t they expand to try and add a little parity cause Florida state dominated year in and out ? it is a bad look for the conference that they can’t produce a challenger or at least a team to put up a fight for the conference championship.

Didn’t they expand to try and add a little parity cause Florida state dominated year in and out ? it is a bad look for the conference that they can’t produce a challenger or at least a team to put up a fight for the conference championship.
I knew at one time the SEC was talking with F$U about joining. I think that was all about it was talking about joining. F$U join the ACC and won the titles for what 9-9 years. Didn't lose a ACC game till about the 4th or 5th years?

Even with Alabama's dominance, the "experts" suck at picking the winner of the SEC.

I dont write thingsdown...leaving the the important things to my....memory....
So...from 2010 to 2020....who was picked to win the SEC....and what was their success rate in doing so....
Bamas won in 12, 14, 15, 16,18, 20...i think

but again....i get where you are coming from....in ACC....there is little-to no competition...why Bowden had so many wins and top 5 finishes and so few NCs...
AU...LSU...UGA.... all make SEC competitive

Miami crashed and burned but Clemson stepped to the plate in their place. FSU now has imploded. Mack has NC playing good ball but can he get them at the Clemson Level? The rest of those teams are schedule filler.

right...a lot of Kentuckys in ACC....
And might prop Miami and NC up...in mediocre land....

you could take any of 6-7 programs in SEC and compete with Clemson in ACC...
AnM, AU, lsu, bama, fl, UGA, ....ole ms coming on... even TN in ACC would/couldbe a 7-8-9 win team....

Back
Top Bottom