| FTBL Jim Rome's Take on the Blackout

reger60

Staff
I know Rome is not the most popular guy around here, but I listen to him quite a bit and today he was all over Georgia about the blackout. His website published the short take below, but his on-air was much better, complete with some high praise for Saban and the Tide.

How about that "blackout"?! Didn't I say, when news broke that the Georgia players had talked coach Mark Richt into letting them wear the "black gear" I said, nooooo! Not the "blackout"! Anything but the"blackout"!

Let me tell you something, it did not fire up the home team, and it didn't intimidate the visitors. If anything it gave them more of an edge! It gave them more confidence, because they knew the Dawgs needed a gimmick to win in their own house. Not the "blackout"! Anything but the"blackout"!

So what does Alabama do?! They take the opening drive 80 yards for a T.D.! Not the "blackout"! Anything but the"blackout"! Very effective. Almost as effective as the entire stadium wearing black. Nice try with that!

"Whiteouts" work, "blackouts" don't! If anything it probably makes it easier for the opposition if 75,000 plus show up in black.

Romie's an idiot. I don't care if he praised us or not. He's a joke.

...phe-nomenal. In-credible. Ri-diculous.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU[/youtube]

He knows his stuff I guess, but he's just a tool I think. Knew he was going to blast Georgia, though. :lol:

You may have missed it, but Rome was dogging on Richt last week too when the idea of the blackout was first announced. I normally don't watch Rome, but I saw that one and rather enjoyed it actually.

This is no joke either; in that same episode he said that if Saban takes BAMA into Athens and wins he's like the greatest coach ever.

Basically, Rome was ripping Richt for the idea instead of focusing on football, but aknowledged that UGA was a very formidible opponent when it's all said and done.

porkchop said:
This is no joke either; in that same episode he said that if Saban takes BAMA into Athens and wins he's like the greatest coach ever.

I heard the same thing and about fell out. I'm sure glad we have the greatest coach ever. :)

BamaDelta said:
porkchop said:

I heard the same thing and about fell out. I'm sure glad we have the greatest coach ever. :)

Don't forget most powerful :wink:

Back
Top Bottom