| FTBL Jax State

Just think at the beginning of the season Jax St. wasn't going to a bowl game! It wasn't till about the 9th or 10th games did the team found out. I think James Madison was also not going.

Jax State, back in the day, accurately described as a year around Mardi Gras. Know a guy that played there in the 90’s. Partying one night, says he woke up in the Wal Mart parking lot under a car in his underwear. Never figured out how he got there….

Would have been fun to watch but we would have pulled our hair out every time the defense was on the field lol Hell, Blake Sims would have been killer in his offense (granted he was in Kiffin's).
With the right DC...

I don't know if you remember me "screaming" about Portera sticking his nose into that hire with Rich Rod ... all the while KNOWING Saban was waiting in the wings.

But. As we're seeing with Jax State, his system works when he's in the SE. Athletes are different 'animals' ... that also fit his scheme.

Wasnt it RRs wife that killed the " coming to bama" for him?
Wonder how she would like to spend 10 million$ a year
Instead of his 500K$
I'm one that I'm glad it happen! So we got a guy that left the Miami Dolphins, he left those LSU to go there. I for one didn't like him coming here just because of him being the coach at LSU. But now I'm glad he our coach!

I'm one that I'm glad it happen! So we got a guy that left the Miami Dolphins, he left those LSU to go there. I for one didn't like him coming here just because of him being the coach at LSU. But now I'm glad he our coach!
As we all are :). We all know CNS would have been successful had he stayed at LSU but do you think he would have had the same level of success? Of course I want to think the uniquness and tradition of bama along side CNS has allowed more success than at LSU but that may be crimson colored glasses viewing things.

As we all are :). We all know CNS would have been successful had he stayed at LSU but do you think he would have had the same level of success? Of course I want to think the uniquness and tradition of bama along side CNS has allowed more success than at LSU but that may be crimson colored glasses viewing things.
I believe he would have been so successful at LSU that he would be at Texas now. The talent level in Louisiana is incredible. And Tulane is not the barn for competition for that talent. The last three HCs, including Saban and excluding Kelly, have all won NCs. Even the shrimp boat captain they had as a HC. :rolleyes: And don't count Kelly out until the fat lady sings.

Saban is flying back to Titletown with Mal Moore. CNS says to Mal, so you think you’ve hired a good football coach? MM responds, yes I have. CNS responds, no you haven’t but you’ve hired the best damn recruiter that ever was. Saban would be highly successful anywhere as long as the right right resources were in place.
Or you could replace "best damn recruiter" with ."best damn CEO." ....

I dont know LSU/Texas would have given Nick the control he wanted.....that would be only question

Back
Top Bottom