| FTBL Jackson vs. Darrah

BAMA has kept Jackson under wraps, i haven't heard anything about this kid since he signed with BAMA. Does he have a good arm? Is he accurate? Is he learning the offense? Has anybody heard anything on his progression as a QB? Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Kodi Burns, who was also from Florida and was a 4 star prospect. I guess we'll see him in the A-day game next year.

This is a hard one.
McElroy has what it takes to be a starter but I was impressed with Darrah' arm during the a-day game. Jackson has plenty of talent and I would assume he some day will be our future QB. If I had to go with my gut feeling id say McElroy. If I had to go with what ive seen id say Darrah. But if I went by the hype ive heard I would say Jackson.....HAHA so basically who knows? It's to early to tell.

RollTideRandy said:
No joke, I've figured McElroy would get passed by the start of next season. Either by Jackson, Darrah, or McKerron.

Who's McKerron? :lol: I've been wondering if McElroy or Jackson would be the starter? Never even thought about Darrah. Whoever it will be, they will have quite a few weapons surrounding them!

RollTideRandy said:
No joke, I've figured McElroy would get passed by the start of next season. Either by Jackson, Darrah, or McKerron.

That is interesting because I've heard nothing about SJ since he got to campus. Why do you think that will be the case? Arm strength? Mobility?

RollTideRandy said:

I feel the same way.....Maybe not so much as Darrah...but I really look for Jackson and McElroy to fight for the starting role next year. What little I have seen of Jackson....he has a good set of wheels and a strong arm. I don't think Jackson's is as strong as McElroys.....but I think it is plenty strong enough. I figure it will come down to these 2 though.

Outlaw said:
Tedford said:
I have seen videos of jackson and he is real fast and we haven't had a QB with his speed in a long time.

Well, technically we have but no one knew who he was because he transferred to a D2 school. :wink:

Don't mind the UNA homer, guys. :D

McElroy will be our QB, and I see Jackson backing him up. Simple as that.

McElroy will start the spring as number one. He doesn't have the raw athleticism of Jackson, but he has the experience edge and a pretty strong arm. I would be surprised if Jackson beats him out.

psychojoe said:
McElroy will start the spring as number one. He doesn't have the raw athleticism of Jackson, but he has the experience edge and a pretty strong arm. I would be surprised if Jackson beats him out.

Exactly, all these people saying Jackson will be starting is just wishful thinking at best. I'll take experience over potential any day. Be that it may be experience with the offense and not on the field experience. McElroy still has the upper hand.

Tider27 said:
Outlaw said:
Tedford said:
I have seen videos of jackson and he is real fast and we haven't had a QB with his speed in a long time.

Well, technically we have but no one knew who he was because he transferred to a D2 school. :wink:

Don't mind the UNA homer, guys. :D

McElroy will be our QB, and I see Jackson backing him up. Simple as that.

Hey, just stating the facts. :wink:

I believe it will be McElroy's job to lose. Jackson will be the back up, with Darrah running third. I look for McCarron to be redshirted in an attempt to put some weight on him. 6'4" 190 reminds me alot of Gary Hollingworth back in the day. But Gary was maybe 10 pounds lighter. I wouldn't rush Jackson or McCarron to be starters. McElroy, I believe, is a good game manager and can win games for us. For now, I'll root for JPW to lead us to the promised land and then look ahead to next season.

Back
Top Bottom