| OT I've pulled a move like this in basketball but I've never seen this in soccer. The keeper is clueless.

This isn't all on the keeper. As always, I've been watching the Euros this week. This disaster didn't happen in the... Portugal (?) game this week, but close enough. It's amazing that with the high schoolers I coach against all the way up the best in the world how much worse the lack of communication is occurring in the game.

This isn't all on the keeper. As always, I've been watching the Euros this week. This disaster didn't happen in the... Portugal (?) game this week, but close enough. It's amazing that with the high schoolers I coach against all the way up the best in the world how much worse the lack of communication is occurring in the game.
I played several positions but most often center defensive midfield in a 4-2-3-1 scheme. We'd "float" the left and right center back up in those situations, but my coach always instructed me to stay back in that scheme...then float up behind the attacking center/mid. He used to always use the baseball analogy of the pitcher backing up the catcher when there's a threat at home plate.

Same coach...told me to walk off the court after a basket and just wait for the inbounds...then, come up behind them for a quick steal. It worked a couple of times per game and then they became paranoid.

I played several positions but most often center defensive midfield in a 4-2-3-1 scheme. We'd "float" the left and right center back up in those situations, but my coach always instructed me to stay back in that scheme...then float up behind the attacking center/mid. He used to always use the baseball analogy of the pitcher backing up the catcher when there's a threat at home plate.

Same coach...told me to walk off the court after a basket and just wait for the inbounds...then, come up behind them for a quick steal. It worked a couple of times per game and then they became paranoid.
@TerryP you mention the pitcher backing a throw to a base, we always stressed SS and 2nd to back up the throw to the pitcher from the catcher with runners on base. COMMUNICATION!!!!

I had a coach, during warmups before practice, told us all to shoot from where we play. Me and a buddy of mine started launching them from the bench/bleachers. He came out of his office and asked us what the hell were we doing. We told him we were shooting from where we play. 😁

I had a coach, during warmups before practice, told us all to shoot from where we play. Me and a buddy of mine started launching them from the bench/bleachers. He came out of his office and asked us what the hell were we doing. We told him we were shooting from where we play. 😁
Great story. I would have done that.

A friend of mine and I got into one of those stupid conversations the other day about about time travel. "If you could go back to 9th grade." I was already in trouble, ALL the time, in a in a VERY conservative Baptist school. (I don't regret the education.) But dude...if today's "me" was there? ASS WHOPPIN,

Just for stupid shit...hypothetically think back to 9th grade...and how badly you could mess with minds. I recently received contact from a girl I dated in high school. It's sad how I can make her "spin" with a comment...and then wonder...

Great story. I would have done that.

A friend of mine and I got into one of those stupid conversations the other day about about time travel. "If you could go back to 9th grade." I was already in trouble, ALL the time, in a in a VERY conservative Baptist school. (I don't regret the education.) But dude...if today's "me" was there? ASS WHOPPIN,

Just for stupid shit...hypothetically think back to 9th grade...and how badly you could mess with minds. I recently received contact from a girl I dated in high school. It's sad how I can make her "spin" with a comment...and then wonder...
I don't need to go back to the 9th grade. I "liked" it so much back then, I went back 3 times. :p, but I definitely get what you're saying. Carry a little of who you are and what you know now back in time. Be a bazillionaire and rule the world today.

Back
Top Bottom