| OT It's Thanksgiving's football ... and you don't get CBS because of fighting with DISH.

Hey......the way our utilities are around here...if they owned the sun..we wouldn't have warmth and light.....no internet....1/4 mile away...no cable...1/4 mile awa...
And they will run for 2500$.....no way Jose.....
But great cell phone service...quiet days n nights....shade..peace...good tradeoff...

And a good Harley to call your own. You've chosen wisely my friend.

I have an outside antenna and it works great for the local stuff out of Huntsville, 50 miles away. My internet supplier is Spectrum, formerly Charter, and when I dropped the TV service they raised the internet price so much it was / is cheaper to subscribe to the TV package as well. The internet in our rural area via Spectrum cable is fantastic and except for satellite is the only option available. I went with Sling just long enough for Spectrum to offer me one of those "we want you back" deals. Usually lock in that price for 2 years and then repeat.
I haven't had satellite cable for about four years. I'm still getting letters from my old company about coming back. When did ATT but Direct TV?

I have an outside antenna and it works great for the local stuff out of Huntsville, 50 miles away. My internet supplier is Spectrum, formerly Charter, and when I dropped the TV service they raised the internet price so much it was / is cheaper to subscribe to the TV package as well. The internet in our rural area via Spectrum cable is fantastic and except for satellite is the only option available. I went with Sling just long enough for Spectrum to offer me one of those "we want you back" deals. Usually lock in that price for 2 years and then repeat.

I have spectrum internet and they threatened to do the same when I got off their TV package. Fortunately, we have another cable provider in the Valley with excellent internet speed and great startup pricing to bargain with. When technology can figure out how to get affordable, highspeed into homes, without the cable provider, it will be a great day for the consumer.

A really nice Harley...full of power and life as we age together..
And a Ms50+ that is ready to ride (not for a few weeks though) at a moments notice..lol

Ever made it up to Sturgis? I actually did the Yellowstone, Badlands thing one summer. Not gonna ask about Daytona, the crowds are getting unbearable for me these days. But the Blue Ridge always sounds good.

I've a few friends who've chosen to go that way. Horrible signal when the slightest inclimate weather is in the area.

I don't have Dish, or Direct TV. But, I think I'm in one of the unique positions here. Off the top of my head I've got the option of those two satellite providers, Comcast, WOW, and Verizon. I think Charter is available here now and there's been work Spectrum is coming at the first of next year.

Personally, I switch companies every two years and have been around $100 for...geez, six years now? (Cable and Internet.)

Shockingly we actually 4 options right now with Dish, Direct, Troy Cable and Spectrum but Spectrum shit the bed HARD a couple of months ago. They bought out the local Time Warner here and almost everyone's cable and internet were screwed up for weeks. Some people lost half their channels yet their bill went up, lost their internet completely, lost their TV completely and Spectrum would make people wait up to a week to get someone out to fix it. We had dozens and dozens of people every day calling and complaining at the paper to the point where Spectrum's big wigs ended up coming to an Enterprise city council meeting eventually.

I have Dish for TV and Troy Cable for internet and I think we're sitting at around 140 a month. Def. adds up when you throw in Amazon Prime, Sirius, Netflix, etc.

Ever made it up to Sturgis? I actually did the Yellowstone, Badlands thing one summer. Not gonna ask about Daytona, the crowds are getting unbearable for me these days. But the Blue Ridge always sounds good.

No.....had a trip planned ..guys i was going with started talking...after a few brews at my house with ms50+ inear shot.....about certain females and their lack of coverage clothes.. trip kinda fizzled....
Live in east TN mountains...so a lot of great rides...
dont need crowds....anyway

Why? Mine is great....pull receiver and take in RV...
One receiver has Birmingham locals...one has Chattanooga......dont know how that is possible..
Of course.there is cost.....but...its only money...

The reason is because I get all channels out of Huntington, W.V. and no Columbus or Cincinnati TV stations. It has to do with the market area I live in, even thoughI live in southern Ohio, I am 45-50 minutes from Huntington.

I have air antenna and just befoe the UGA/GT game was coming on it black out. I'm still with no TV!! :rant2:My sister told me I could watch it at her house, she gone right now.

Back
Top Bottom