| FTBL Its going to be interesting to see the top 25 now!

Atlanta_Tider said:
reger60 said:
I don't see how USC drops from the top spot.
They don't, they are the media darlings!

I just got my SI mag. Guess who's on front. The cover reads is the Pac-10 better than the SEC. I just called SI, had them cancel my subscription :wink:

Here's the unreal part, the powers that be at SI picked the SEC!!! Now that SEC played each other this week and there were some upsets needless to say. "WAY TO GO COL BTW!" Well see what happens now.

reger60 said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
reger60 said:
I don't see how USC drops from the top spot.
They don't, they are the media darlings!

They also play in the toughest conference on the planet! :roll:

Don't forget about their TOUGH rivalry game against Notre Dome :roll:

If theirs one game I hope the Domers can pull out this year I hope it's this one, of course if they win against USC Chowder Weis will get a $10 million dollar raise and Notre Dame would be back in the BCS hunt :lol:

1. LSU (33) (5-0) 1,593 2
2. USC (32) (4-0) 1,591 1
3. CALIFORNIA (5-0) 1,475 6
4. OHIO ST (5-0) 1,420 8
5. WISCONSIN (5-0) 1,271 9
6. SOUTH FLORIDA (4-0) 1,203 18
7. BOSTON COLLEGE (5-0) 1,172 12
8. KENTUCKY (5-0) 1,143 14
9. FLORIDA (4-1) 1,031 4
10. OKLAHOMA (4-1) 992 3
11. SOUTH CAROLINA (4-1) 900 16
12. GEORGIA (4-1) 885 15
13. WEST VIRGINIA (4-1) 861 5
14. OREGON (4-1) 837 11
15. VIRGINIA TECH (4-1) 639 17
16. HAWAII (5-0) 586 19
17. MISSOURI (4-0) 561 20
18. ARIZONA ST (5-0) 497 23
19. TEXAS (4-1) 449 7
20. CINCINNATI (5-0) 377 24
21. RUTGERS (3-1) 299 10
22. CLEMSON (4-1) 265 13
23. PURDUE (5-0) 218 NR
24. KANSAS ST (3-1) 214 NR
25. NEBRASKA (4-1) 198 25

Biggest surprises: Kentucky at #8. Highest ranking in school history, or in this century?

Auburn didn't crack the top 25? Sure they're right on the outside along with Florida St.

You'd think the barn would at least make 24th, 25th.

This is why I think there should be NO rankings until AFTER the regular season is over.

Tider 27 said:
Biggest surprises: Kentucky at #8. Highest ranking in school history, or in this century?

"Bear" took them to the Sugar Bowl in 1950 with a 11-1 record. Not sure what rankings they had back then, but I imagine they were pretty high. They upset OK in the Sugar Bowl, but I think that was back in those crazy days when they gave out NCs before the bowl games were played, so OK still ended up being National Champions that year. :?

#4 University of Kentucky (1898)

Before the SEC existed, the 1898 Kentucky Wildcats set the stage for the tremendous football we would later see. In the history of the University of Kentucky football program, the 1898 team is the only one that went undefeated, untied, (7-0) and unscored on. The team was appropriately nicknamed, "The Immortals." They were coached by W.R. Bass. And the players had an average weight of 147 pounds!! My how times have changed.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/best-all-time-sec-football-team.html

We are #1 on the list.

You know what if BARN can knock off the Gators at home in the swamp and still not get ranked. It's just wrong I don't care what the records shows it wasn't luck that won that game.

Here's what I mean WISCONSIN (5-0) who have they played... Let take a look shall we. They must be some powerhouse teams I'd bet! :roll:

Washington State
UNLV
The Citadel <<<<< OMG POWERHOUSE!!!
Iowa
Michigan State

Besides MS I'd bet Hover High is as good other 4..

Tell you guys one thing, BIG 12,Pac 10 better be damn happy the SEC beats the crap out of each other.

I'm all for sarcasm, but I've heard that way too many times when people aren't being sarcastic. I get tired of hearing that Hoover can beat any college team, especially a D1 school. This is coming from a guy who very much enjoys going to Hoover games, and has been on the sidelines for a few of their playoff games. I'm basically a pretty big Hoover fan, especially considering I'm not from Hoover.

I also get tired of the played out argument of the best college team beating the worst pro team. No, they can't.

Outlaw said:
I'm all for sarcasm, but I've heard that way too many times when people aren't being sarcastic. I get tired of hearing that Hoover can beat any college team, especially a D1 school. This is coming from a guy who very much enjoys going to Hoover games, and has been on the sidelines for a few of their playoff games. I'm basically a pretty big Hoover fan, especially considering I'm not from Hoover.

I also get tired of the played out argument of the best college team beating the worst pro team. No, they can't.

You probably don't want to mash this

TerryP said:
Outlaw said:

You probably don't want to mash this

I did, and chuckled.

Back
Top Bottom