| FTBL It's called pass defense

To be fair, I wasn't impressed with our pass coverage late in the game. That said, I got tired of the announcers saying how Cody Hawkins was purposely throwing behind the receiver. I'm sorry, they lit us up sometimes, no doubt, but they also got seriously lucky other times on not so great throws. The coverage was there, they were just lucky that the poor throw worked. On a quite a few of those (including TD plays, if the throw had been on the money, it would have been broken up or intercepted.

TerryP said:
We were beaten behind the LBer's, in front of the safeties, across the middle on several different occasions, true. Yet, this is one area that we all pointed to before this year even started. We knew our safeties weren't the best when it came to pass coverage.

When we moved into the nickel formation with Castille in the middle we saw Colorado go after Mitchell. Again, a guy we knew pre-season wasn't the greatest when it came to pass coverages.

There is a distinct reason you see a lot people talk about an incoming freshman being able to earn a lot of PT in our safety position. Johnson didn't have the best game of his season although he did step up a few times. Carter, was Carter.

Nice take.

Back
Top Bottom