| FTBL Is there a player Curfew..?

G

I am just wondering because it seems every weekend there is some report of the players getting in trouble at all hours of the night... they should at least be at home by 12-1am on the weekends... and earlier then that during the season... 12 days before the first game.. that is pretty much the start of game prep the players should be in at 9:00 watching game film with their buddies instead of getting wasted and forgetting what they have learned that day...

I would think the night before their will be a lights out time or bed check, not sure after the game is played if there will be a curfew, not sure how they could check will some not living in dorms.

Up until this weekend, they were all staying in Bryant Hall for fall camp, but the upperclassmen moved out yesterday back into their regular places (thanks to the NCAA the entire team can no longer stay in athletic dorms). I don't think any of them have a curfew, especially on a night like last night when they were looking at 2 days off.

As far as players getting wasted, I've seen no reports of any of them getting wasted last night. Simeon certainly wasn't, nor were the dozen or so players that I saw last night at Mugshots (although if he wanted a beer, unless Saban forbids it, he could legally drink a few). They were given 2 days off for the first time in long time, and school starts back for them on Wednesday. I think they deserved the opportunity to go out and have some fun. As far as this Simeon stuff, more than likely the charge will be dropped soon. I sense that some are reading much more into this than what there really is.

I have no problems with them having a Beer... im just saying they should be focusing on the season now, they have half a year to be doing this kind of stuff... now its time to earn their scholorship

callahan said:
I have no problems with them having a Beer... im just saying they should be focusing on the season now, they have half a year to be doing this kind of stuff... now its time to earn their scholorship

I respectfully disagree. Sometime away from school and ball is needed, because we all need time away.

LBS said:
callahan said:

I respectfully disagree. Sometime away from school and ball is needed, because we all need time away.

Thats what makes these kids special, they are supposed to be able to handle what comes along with Playing Division 1 football and attending a major university. The players are not there to party all the time, they are there to get a good educations 1st - try to be better football players 2nd - and if they have free time away from that then that is ok. they can do what they want as long as its not breaking the law.... and yes they need time away, But during the season is no time to be getting away.

They are so blessed. So many people would give everything they have to have a chance to play for the tide... And a lot of people spend half their life paying back loans for going to school at Alabama, none of which they have to worry about.

and i just want to make clear i know most of the players are living a dream and take things serious, i just hope this puts things back into perspective for the others. What we had 4 players graduate before their senior season..? i doubt they messed around much and look now... all they have to worry about is football

Bones82 said:
crewdog3 said:
come on guys there collage kids let them have the collage experance be fore they have to be in the real world like the rest of us working stiffs

collage? Are they artists now?
yeah did you not know that and i geuss that you hit the right keys every time too did nt your momma teach you to respect your elders 25 and think you know it all

crewdog3 said:
Bones82 said:
crewdog3 said:
come on guys there collage kids let them have the collage experance be fore they have to be in the real world like the rest of us working stiffs

yeah did you not know that and i geuss that you hit the right keys every time too did nt your momma teach you to respect your elders 25 and think you know it all

I'm older than you and I think your spelling is awful too. Now, what insight were sharing about college? :D

reger60 said:
crewdog3 said:
Bones82 said:
crewdog3 said:

yeah did you not know that and i gueslittent you hit the right keys every time too did nt your momma teach you to respect your elders 25 and think you know it all

collage older than you and I think your spelling is awful too. Now, what insight were sharing about college? :D
i suppose your perfect i was joking with the young man you people are too serious lighten up on this board it is to be fun and to talk about bama football and is let them be collage kids and do you have to be such a stickler on grammer on sportstalk board this is not english class and i have earned the right to talk and spell i,ve served in the usaf for 22 years and still serve ive been to iraq and the first fulf war i think ive earned that

And I've earned the right to joke with you, my friend. Thus the little smile after my comment. Observe and learn.

By the way, no one called into ever called into question your service to your country. That is something that pretty much everyone respects around here -- including me.

Perhaps you'll take my advice and learn how to use the convenient spell checker option when posting. It might make your comments appear more credible.

Now, we can both "lighten up" and have fun here.:D

crewdog3 said:
Bones82 said:
crewdog3 said:

And it just gets worse.... LOL

Back
Top Bottom