| FTBL Is Ole Miss as good as I think they are? (MERGED TOPICS)

Roll Tide Rev

Verified Member
I was wondering what you guys thought. I am no football expert but looking at who they have won and lost to and the margin of the losses, they seem to be pretty darn good.

They beat Memphis 41-24
Lost to Wake Forest which is now ranked #20 30-28
Beat Samford 34-10
Lost to a then ranked Vandy 23-17
Beat FLA 31-30 in the swamp
Lost to SC 31-24

We need to be on our game!

allowing 31 points by USC is possibly the biggest statement there. Smelley had a field day with their secondary. If JPW has a good day, which lately is a big IF, we will win easily. If he comes out flat it will be Kentucky part II.

i don't envision Ole miss's offense having much success against our defense. their QB snead is going to get smacked around.

Coach O was one heck of a recruiter and I think they have some talent. Nutt is always a wild card and I think the chance that this will be a closer game than some think is highly a possibility.

Re: Is Ole Miss as good as I think they are?

Roll Tide Rev said:
I was wondering what you guys thought. I am no football expert but looking at who they have won and lost to and the margin of the losses, they seem to be pretty darn good.

They beat Memphis 41-24
Beat Samford 34-10
Lost to SC 31-24

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about32794.html

Ole Miss is kinda like we were in our losses last year. They lost to Wake on a lst second FG they lost to vandy cause they had like 4 turnovers and SC just happen to have their best game of the year sofar. So if you look at them they are very dangerous. We just need to ram it down their throat and end the game early.

Nutt is definitely an unpredictable guy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull out some trick plays. If you were to rank the SEC, I would guess that they would be in the upper half. They always play us hard, and on top of that, every team that we play from here on out is going to bring their "A-Game" against us because of our ranking.

We definitely cannot show up and just expect to win like Florida did...they're going to be gunning for us.

Nutt is definitely a loose screw that will try to pull out all stops. I think he tries to come out in his "wild rebel" formation to see if he can cause some confusion. remember we have seen a little of that this season with Clemson. Rest assured that Coach Saban and staff have probalby planned for this even before the season since Nutt took over at Ole Miss considering he ran it at Ark.

Roll Tide Rev said:

They beat Memphis 41-24
Beat Samford 34-10
Lost to SC 31-24

Ole Miss has gave us fits in the past think about we won by a field goal a last year right? And remember 06 classic

Bama 26 Ole Miss 23 OT 2006
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3HMoe2KyRs[/youtube]

Optimus said:
Roll Tide Rev said:

They beat Memphis 41-24
Beat Samford 34-10
Lost to SC 31-24

Ole Miss has gave us fits in the past think about we won by a field goal a last year right? And remember 06 classic

Bama 26 Ole Miss 23 OT 2006
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3HMoe2KyRs[/youtube]

Yep. Zeke with the INT after Javy set up our TD to tie that game.

Take a few minutes and go surf some OM boards if you want to hear the ole "ref cost us the game" routine and how "we have the refs in our pockets and always have" stories. :roll:

I think Old Miss may be the most dangerous opponent remaining on the schedule. As it's been stated previously in this thread, they've played impressive football against some very sound opponents and Houston Nutt has always made it a priority to give Bama fits.

I think this a very, very scary game.

I'm as calm as I possibly can be. For whatever reason, I'm not even a little worried about this game. I even tried to make myself a little worried watching all the upsets from last week, and still couldn't do it.

I am pretty sure Saban will have them more focused coming off of the bye week. It was a great time for a break and for them to get ready for the home stretch, but I understand because I am nervous too,so RTR!!

LOL that is: Mel Showers. On a side note, before we sold our house I used to live two doors down from Rose Ann Haven. It makes me feel famous.

Back
Top Bottom