| FTBL Iron Bowl set for CBS at 2:30

• Thread starter imported_Doemasters
  • Start date
We've not played great on those Saturday afternoon CBS games, but one has to think that the LSU game broke the trend of losing. I know we had already beaten Ole Miss and Kentucky too on CBS, but the LSU game had real adversity and we overcame it.

Still, I'd rather it be on ESPN. Commercial breaks take less time. Our game Saturday night was right at 3 hours in duration. A typical CBS game runs something like 20 minutes longer due to the length and frequency of commercials. Love that HD signal though!

TerryP said:
FWIW, the SEC has the game time at 3PM, CST.

It's a double header that day with Ga vs Georgia Tech kicking off early.

Hey you are messing me up with that 3PM thing.

Here is the quote from SEC. It is 3:30 Eastern time.

"On Saturday, Nov. 29, CBS Sports will televise a doubleheader starting at noon ET with Georgia hosting Georgia Tech. That game will be followed up by the annual Iron Bowl at 3:30 p.m. ET with Auburn visiting Alabama. ESPN2 will televise the Kentucky at Tennessee game at 6:30 p.m. ET. The Vanderbilt at Wake Forest game will be shown on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET"

RollllTide! said:
TerryP said:

"On Saturday, Nov. 29, CBS Sports will televise a doubleheader starting at noon ET with Georgia hosting Georgia Tech. That game will be followed up by the annual Iron Bowl at 3:30 p.m. ET with Auburn visiting Alabama. ESPN2 will televise the Kentucky at Tennessee game at 6:30 p.m. ET. The Vanderbilt at Wake Forest game will be shown on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET"

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=9963

TerryP said:
RollllTide! said:
TerryP said:

Come on we are not supposed to look past the next game Aright.

Thanks for making that clear. I had the Iron Bowl on my brain.

RollllTide! said:
TerryP said:
RollllTide! said:
TerryP said:

Come on we are not supposed to look past the next game Aright.

Thanks for making that clear. I had the Iron Bowl on my brain.

Here's the thing...

If you are going to use the term, "aight," you have to learn to spell it right, aight! :D ;tr

RollllTide! said:
TerryP said:

Now that early game will just tick me off. If it run to long and I miss any part of the Bama game.

rick4bama said:
RollllTide! said:
TerryP said:

Now that early game will just tick me off. If it run to long and I miss any part of the Bama game.

I don't think it will. One, for the TV rights/contracts/etc. And two, because the Ga/Tech game is set to kick at the top of the hour and normally that early game kicks at half past the hour.

ExiledTidefan said:
We've not played great on those Saturday afternoon CBS games, but one has to think that the LSU game broke the trend of losing. I know we had already beaten Ole Miss and Kentucky too on CBS, but the LSU game had real adversity and we overcame it.

Still, I'd rather it be on ESPN. Commercial breaks take less time. Our game Saturday night was right at 3 hours in duration. A typical CBS game runs something like 20 minutes longer due to the length and frequency of commercials. Love that HD signal though!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom