| FTBL Interview with Stallings and Dye you must listen to...

TerryP

Staff
..but I warn you now, put down your drink for your keyboards sake.

Stallings and Dye on Finebaum

"I'm not a Phi Betta Kappa, but I'm not an idiot either." - Stallings

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Stallings

Those are just two of the gems from Stallings when addressing some of the things Dye said.

I heard that the other day.

One of my favorite lines was when Dye kept talking about how much he liked this time of year because of family and Stallings said he liked the Bowl games.

Dye says (paraphrased) there's a lot to be said for bowl games but I like spending time with my family.

Stallings (paraphrased) I do too....after the Bowl games.

:lol:

I listened the the archive the day after the interview and meant to link it over here until I remember this morning after seeing it again.

There are some good things to be taken out of it as well. Solid football things...for instance, Dye talking about the NFL with two spread offenses being the reason that Indy and New England leading the league only to be countered by "two of the best QB's in the league."

I found myself agreeing with both guys on one of the points about the spread offenses working but when they face a defense that maintains their discipline those offenses can be shut down.

Stallings believes in solid play, disciplined play. Reminds me a another coach who happens to be heading our program right now...

Some of Dye's interviews with Finebaum seem to be staged for entertainment purposes. Anyone else ever pick up on it?? Especially their confrontations..
RTR

porkchop said:
I heard that the other day.

One of my favorite lines was when Dye kept talking about how much he liked this time of year because of family and Stallings said he liked the Bowl games.

Dye says (paraphrased) there's a lot to be said for bowl games but I like spending time with my family.

Stallings (paraphrased) I do too....after the Bowl games.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard some of it last night on 93.9 up here in Florence. Got a good chuckle out of the part I heard...

That was a very entertaining interview to say the least. Coach Stalling's voice brings me chills much like Coach Bryant's.

Pat Dye. :roll:

Dye whining about how tough his schedule was, and then Stallings putting the wood to him about it, was hilarious. The killer was near the beginning, when Finebaum asked if called would they recommend Diddy's boy for the WV job:

Dye: "No."
Stallings: "That call will never be placed."

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
Dye whining about how tough his schedule was, and then Stallings putting the wood to him about it, was hilarious. The killer was near the beginning, when Finebaum asked if called would they recommend Diddy's boy for the WV job:

Dye: "No."
Stallings: "That call will never be placed."

RTR,

Tim

LOL! But then the funny part (to me) was later when Dye was trying to get out of the convo and said that "there were more interesting things to talk about in college football than Bowden to West Virginia.

Stallings emmediately chimed in, "because it aint never gonna happen".

They were not kind to Terry in that one.

Back
Top Bottom