| FTBL Incomming freshmen jersey #'s...

I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
Per UA media guide...

1 Rolando McClain
4 Marquis Maze
13 Nick Fanuzzi
18 Brandon Gibson
19 Tarence Farmer
33 Demetrius Goode
34 Jeramie Griffin
41 Chris Lett
42 Jennings Hester
52 Alfred McCullough
54 Jeremy Elder
55 Chavis Williams
58 Nick Gentry
69 Patrick Crump
73 William Vlachos
86 Darius Hanks
87 Chris Underwood
91 Alex Watkins
96 Luther Davis
99 Josh Chapman
 
I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
Tider 27 said:
Most notable ones are Maze taking #4 and #1 for McClain(;scr).

I guess its safe to count out Pro?

I think Maze wanted #1 if I remember correctly.. I guess McClain did as well. It will be kinda cool seeing McClain fly all over the field in the #1 jersey though. As for Pro, it is no secret that he isn't ready to play yet (and might never be), just because Maze is wearing #4 doesn't mean Pro can't as well. Next year, if Pro come back (if he's able and is granted a 6th year), Maze could change #'s, or as long as they are not on the field at the same time, they could both wear #4. He'd probably change numbers though since both are WR and return guys.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Porterhouse said:
Per UA media guide...

1 Rolando McClain
4 Marquis Maze
13 Nick Fanuzzi
18 Brandon Gibson
19 Tarence Farmer
33 Demetrius Goode
34 Jeramie Griffin
41 Chris Lett
42 Jennings Hester
52 Alfred McCullough
54 Jeremy Elder
55 Chavis Williams
58 Nick Gentry
69 Patrick Crump
73 William Vlachos
86 Darius Hanks
87 Chris Underwood
91 Alex Watkins
96 Luther Davis
99 Josh Chapman

A linebacker with the #1, what happend to LB's wanting numbers in the 50's
 

AlabamaMan

Verified Member
Sideline Club
seancallahan said:
A linebacker with the #1, what happend to LB's wanting numbers in the 50's


#1 denotes a playmaker in my opinion, and I love the fact that a Linebacker has it. They normally go for 50's and below, but I like to see lover numbers on them, with the exception being 55.
 

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Yeah, there was a time when if you were a linebacker or center, you were in the 50's. With position changes, and also when rush ends started to meld with the linebacker position, the numbers started to fluctuate. Some of our greatest LB's wore numbers outside the 50's, including 35 (Ryans), 39 (E.J. was technically a DE), 47 (Lowe), 77 (Krauss), 86 (McCants), 87 (Rudd), 90 (Boyd) and 97 (Biscuit). More recently, we've had linebackers with a wide range of numbers, including 6, 8, 21, 35 and 42.

Our current roster has more 40-something LBs than 50's.

RTR,

Tim
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
It Takes Eleven said:
Yeah, there was a time when if you were a linebacker or center, you were in the 50's. With position changes, and also when rush ends started to meld with the linebacker position, the numbers started to fluctuate. Some of our greatest LB's wore numbers outside the 50's, including 35 (Ryans), 39 (E.J. was technically a DE), 47 (Lowe), 77 (Krauss), 86 (McCants), 87 (Rudd), 90 (Boyd) and 97 (Biscuit). More recently, we've had linebackers with a wide range of numbers, including 6, 8, 21, 35 and 42.

Our current roster has more 40-something LBs than 50's.

RTR,

Tim

The rest I'm not sure about, but Krauss wore #77 because he started his career as an OL on special teams.
 

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Bama Bo said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Yeah, there was a time when if you were a linebacker or center, you were in the 50's. With position changes, and also when rush ends started to meld with the linebacker position, the numbers started to fluctuate. Some of our greatest LB's wore numbers outside the 50's, including 35 (Ryans), 39 (E.J. was technically a DE), 47 (Lowe), 77 (Krauss), 86 (McCants), 87 (Rudd), 90 (Boyd) and 97 (Biscuit). More recently, we've had linebackers with a wide range of numbers, including 6, 8, 21, 35 and 42.

Our current roster has more 40-something LBs than 50's.

RTR,

Tim

The rest I'm not sure about, but Krauss wore #77 because he started his career as an OL on special teams.

Position changes explain many of them. I remember Robert Stewart was a heck of a NT, yet he wore #34 because he started as a FB.

RTR,

Tim
 

BamaFan14

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Porterhouse said:
Per UA media guide...

1 Rolando McClain
4 Marquis Maze
13 Nick Fanuzzi
18 Brandon Gibson
19 Tarence Farmer
33 Demetrius Goode
34 Jeramie Griffin
41 Chris Lett
42 Jennings Hester
52 Alfred McCullough
54 Jeremy Elder
55 Chavis Williams
58 Nick Gentry
69 Patrick Crump
73 William Vlachos
86 Darius Hanks
87 Chris Underwood
91 Alex Watkins
96 Luther Davis
99 Josh Chapman

Does it have Ricks' name in there?
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
TWBama said:
was that from the official Bama media guide? Guess they can't give Murphy a # till he qualifies...

Unfortunately, he won't be on campus this season. I think thats a near official?
 

Rolltide24

Century Club
Do you guys not remember Saleem Rasheed? Did he not wear #1 also? He was awesome his freshman year and sophomare year and then I don't know what happened to him. He has never really done anything in the NFL. I think he has 1 carrer sack.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Rolltide24 said:
Do you guys not remember Saleem Rasheed? Did he not wear #1 also? He was awesome his freshman year and sophomare year and then I don't know what happened to him. He has never really done anything in the NFL. I think he has 1 carrer sack.

Close, he had two one's. So you're only half wrong. :lol:
 

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Tider 27 said:
Rolltide24 said:
Do you guys not remember Saleem Rasheed? Did he not wear #1 also? He was awesome his freshman year and sophomare year and then I don't know what happened to him. He has never really done anything in the NFL. I think he has 1 carrer sack.

Close, he had two one's. So you're only half wrong. :lol:

I thought Rasheed left college too early. He never logged any significant playing time with the 49ers, getting 26 tackles in four seasons. He caught on with the Texans last season but was cut before the season started. I don't know if he played in another league last year or not.

Barring injury, he was on pace to have been the all-time leading tackler at Bama. After getting over 100 tackles his junior year, he was less than 50 away from the all-time record.

If I remember, he was a good student and smart player. Hopefully, he banked much of his pay and he'll land on his feet.

RTR,

Tim
 
I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
BamaFan14 said:
Porterhouse said:
Per UA media guide...

1 Rolando McClain
4 Marquis Maze
13 Nick Fanuzzi
18 Brandon Gibson
19 Tarence Farmer
33 Demetrius Goode
34 Jeramie Griffin
41 Chris Lett
42 Jennings Hester
52 Alfred McCullough
54 Jeremy Elder
55 Chavis Williams
58 Nick Gentry
69 Patrick Crump
73 William Vlachos
86 Darius Hanks
87 Chris Underwood
91 Alex Watkins
96 Luther Davis
99 Josh Chapman

Does it have Ricks' name in there?

It was printed before Ricks was cleared.
 

gnl1958

Registered
RIcks - UA Media Guide

I guess Ricks found out he was OK after the media guide went to press? Hope he gets a good "head hunter" number. Maybe he can get #15 (Tommy Wilcox) since Barnes left for pressures of Div I AA ball at Weber State.

RTR!
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Re: RIcks - UA Media Guide

gnl1958 said:
I guess Ricks found out he was OK after the media guide went to press? Hope he gets a good "head hunter" number. Maybe he can get #15 (Tommy Wilcox) since Barnes left for pressures of Div I AA ball at Weber State.

RTR!

Welcome gnl.

Yeah, given the fact Ricks isn't officially cleared by the clearing house, he doesn't have a number as of yet.

He'll be a head hunter though, no matter what number he is...that's for sure. :wink:
 
Top Bottom