| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ In other NCAA basketball action—Conference Championship Weekend

This team should win a minimum of 30 games.

I'd put the over/under @ 31.5.
You including SEC Tournamanet? 2 more regular season games, up to 3 games in the SEC Tournament and if they make it to final four I believe that would be 5? One more if championship game. Max 11 games minimum of 4 (lose first game in both tournaments)...

Iowa at #8 in Bama's bracket. Want no part of them after seeing what they did to Michigan State yesterday (2/25). TWENTY THREE points in the last 1:30 to get to OT. Unbelievable!

13 ... seen several that have said 23.

Caitlin Clark is the better story out of Iowa ... saw where she scored or assisted on 56 of their 86 points.

13 ... seen several that have said 23.

Caitlin Clark is the better story out of Iowa ... saw where she scored or assisted on 56 of their 86 points.
Play-by-play link I gave shows Iowa hitting a three at 1:29 putting their point total at 81 meaning they were at 78 with 1:30 remaining. Score was tied at 101 at the end of regulation. Scored 15 points on FIVE 3s in the last :39!

Last edited:
You including SEC Tournamanet? 2 more regular season games, up to 3 games in the SEC Tournament and if they make it to final four I believe that would be 5? One more if championship game. Max 11 games minimum of 4 (lose first game in both tournaments)...
Yeah. They should be able to sleepwalk to 30. They could easily win more, but anything less than 30 would be considered a failure at this point. I could also see them losing focus in the SEC and NCAA tournament and bowing out much earlier than they should.

Play-by-play link I gave shows Iowa hitting a three at 1:29 putting their point total at 81 meaning they were at 78 with 1:30 remaining. Score was tied at 101 at the end of regulation. Scored 15 points on FIVE 3s in the last :39!
TWENTY THREE points in the last 1:30 to get to OT.

From the same site:

Iowa trailed 91-78 with 1:34 remaining before catching fire from 3-point distance. The Hawkeyes made 6-of-9 3-pointers in the final minute and a half, including the last four in a row in the final 32 seconds to tie the game.

13 to get to OT, right?

From the same site:

13 to get to OT, right?
Only if MSU had not scored at all. MSU scored 10 so it took 23 by Iowa to match them and tie. EOR was 101-101, not 91-91.

From your copy and paste: " The Hawkeyes made 6-of-9 3-pointers in the final minute and a half,..." That is 18 of the 23.

All 10 of MSU's were on FTs because they were being fouled to stop the clock. They missed the last one to keep it a 3 point game.

From my link:

0:10
i
A.J. Hoggard made Free Throw.101 98
i
A.J. Hoggard missed Free Throw.101 98
i
Payton Sandfort Defensive Rebound.101 98
0:03
i
Payton Sandfort made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Connor McCaffery.101 101

0:00 End of 2nd half 101 101

Last edited:
The way they've been playing since Miller news broke out.... I wouldn't be shocked .

Not to be a Negative Nancy or whatever the correct term would be, but this is exactly why social media is killing off our youth and creating a more depressed society. In no way would this kind of stuff have ever affected me on a teammate (did not have cell phones when I was a kid), but when you're on your phone and computer non-stop and it's all you hear you get addicted to it and read everything that's out there and it plays with your emotions and mental psyche.

Me personally, I don't see why this should affect Mark Sears' shooting, Charles Bediako's rebounding, or Jahvon Quinerly's ball handling. I have emotions, but I am a very emotionless person as a whole, so I am very different than a lot. I wear my heart on my sleeve, but things like this simply have never bothered me when close to me, so I see it differently than others I'm sure, but it's hard for me to agree that this situation is an acceptable excuse for our team not playing to their ability. I mean, the guy affected the most by this went out and scored 41 and the game saving and winning shots. Then he comes back and scores 24 against Arkansas. I say this to say we can't put any of this slump on the crime that occured, atleast in my mind.

I agree. Heck, Brett Favre played the game of his life right after his Dad passed away, and that's much more personal.
Dude has a strong constitution. I did not see the game you refer to but I did see Bama's 1990 opener against him. Which occurred 4 days after he was released from the hospital after having 30 inches of small intestine removed due to a vehicle accident. He didn't set the world on fire but he had enough flame to beat Bama in Stallings' first game. I won't mention that it also looked like Bama's first game. In the history of the program.

Dude has a strong constitution. I did not see the game you refer to but I did see Bama's 1990 opener against him. Which occurred 4 days after he was released from the hospital after having 30 inches of small intestine removed due to a vehicle accident. He didn't set the world on fire but he had enough flame to beat Bama in Stallings' first game. I won't mention that it also looked like Bama's first game. In the history of the program.
I was at Legion Field for that one. Did Danny Woodson start that game, and then he was relieved by Barker?

I’m referring to the Woodson/Barker deal.
I think with Barker taking over, Tide went 11-1 (loss was to Florida) & beat Colorado in Blockbuster Bowl. But I could be wrong
That's right. I looked at the roster from 1990, and Woodson was a Jr. and Hollingsworth was a Sr. Barker's not on the roster, so that would put him coming in during Stallings' second season.

Saw that Souther Miss game in person with my Dad. Not a great way to start off the Stallings era. I recall stats wise Bama outgained Southern Miss by a good margin but not on the scoreboard. Can't recall if we had turnovers or what the issue was.

Saw that Souther Miss game in person with my Dad. Not a great way to start off the Stallings era. I recall stats wise Bama outgained Southern Miss by a good margin but not on the scoreboard. Can't recall if we had turnovers or what the issue was.
I don't remember anything other than being there. I always enjoyed going to Legion Field.

I’m referring to the Woodson/Barker deal.
I think with Barker taking over, Tide went 11-1 (loss was to Florida) & beat Colorado in Blockbuster Bowl. But I could be wrong
Yep, lost 0-35 at Florida and didn't lose another game for two years and two months. Florida lost the following week at Syracuse. Go figure.

Trivia question: What year and where did Florida play their last out of State OOC football game? Answer: 1990 at Syracuse.

Back
Top Bottom