| NEWS In case you've missed it, you'll want to pay attention to the B1G's media rights negotiations.

I like all of those teams too. CBS is about all I know. Before them it was Franklin and Gottfried, and boy, as I kid did I love listening to those two on Saturday nights. Keith Jackson was always my favorite as a young young kid, but then it was Franklin and Gottfried, and then the CBS crew for a while. I can't complain about any of them, and if you throw those crews you mentioned, I'm still happy.
You are in a tight circle...being one that likes cbs bunch....
Me...i couldnt stand Vern...or Danielson

Does anybody know if the TV contracts have a clause to increase payouts due to conference expansion? The Big10 adds a huge market with USC/UCLA. The SEC would add big markets with Texas, Oklahoma and possibly Miami.
Yes, and CBS would not up their lousy $55M payout in 2012 when the SEC last expanded. With 15 shares (SEC office gets 1 and was 2 before the 2012 expansion) that works out to a pitiful $3.67M per school. And no school got screwed worse than Bama. They got only $733,333.33 per game for the 5 broadcasts per year. Hell, Bama could have sold the rights to those games for $3.67M per game.

Can't stand Danielson, love Eli.

Open question here: While the LA market is the 2nd largest in the country, is there really a high percentage of them watching college football? Seems like most of them just don't care.
A small percentage of a lot of people is a big number. There are 5.9M households and 18.4M people. It wouldn’t take much to beat Birmingham, Nashville, Austin, Oklahoma City, Gainesville, or Montgomery.

A small percentage of a lot of people is a big number. There are 5.9M households and 18.4M people. It wouldn’t take much to beat Birmingham, Nashville, Austin, Oklahoma City, Gainesville, or Montgomery.
True....but ....really......how much more of that 18M will be more excited to see USCw or UCLA play Indiana/Illinois/Iowa/Rutgers etc than Cal/Stanford/Oregon etc...or those from big 10 playing each other...

Sure there are OSU n Michigan....and can't play them every year....but after that....

True....but ....really......how much more of that 18M will be more excited to see USCw or UCLA play Indiana/Illinois/Iowa/Rutgers etc than Cal/Stanford/Oregon etc...or those from big 10 playing each other...

Sure there are OSU n Michigan....and can't play them every year....but after that....
I’m sure a USC/UCLA fan will watch games against any team. Do you plan to watch Alabama play Vanderbilt, Utah State, LA-Monroe or Austin Peay? Moving to the Big10 means the games will actually be on TV. This will also help bars and restaurants while expanding viewership without anybody needing to turn their TV on.

I’m sure a USC/UCLA fan will watch games against any team. Do you plan to watch Alabama play Vanderbilt, Utah State, LA-Monroe or Austin Peay? Moving to the Big10 means the games will actually be on TV. This will also help bars and restaurants while expanding viewership without anybody needing to turn their TV on.
True fans can get games...casual fans take what they get...
Its "how many"...i do plan to watch those games...i fall into extreme category..

Whether they be bama or USCw...

And they still have to compete with nfl teams

One thing for sure.....it sure will cut down on travel to away games...for all...but the extreme hardy fans
LA to Iowa ( if thats closest big 10 state). 1725 miles. Futherest ..NJ 2800 miles
LA to furthest pac 12 town ( Spokane wa) 1200 miles

And away go so many.....rivalries... ( for present anyway...)....Cal...Stanford...Oregons..Washingtons

Same argument for ok n tx...I guess

Last edited:
True fans can get games...casual fans take what they get...
Its "how many"...i do plan to watch those games...i fall into extreme category..

Whether they be bama or USCw...

And they still have to compete with nfl teams

One thing for sure.....it sure will cut down on travel to away games...for all...but the extreme hardy fans
LA to Iowa ( if thats closest big 10 state). 1725 miles. Futherest ..NJ 2800 miles
LA to furthest pac 12 town ( Spokane wa) 1200 miles

And away go so many.....rivalries... ( for present anyway...)....Cal...Stanford...Oregons..Washingtons

Same argument for ok n tx...I guess
Note to self: Add new word to personal dictionary. Futherest. Definition TBD. May replace furthest.😁

Back
Top Bottom