| FTBL In case you missed it the Heisman odds flipped over the past weekend with Bryce being the favorite.

TerryP

Staff
I mention this to point to something I expect to happen quickly.

When the odds came out they ran Rattler, Uiagalelei, and then Bryce. Matt Corral has shown up, as expected, with most books running Bryce then Rattler. That's going to bring a lot of attention. A lot of attention on Bryce, specifically.

When Maziel won the trophy how many times did you see people refer to how the award is defined? Character, leadership, etc., right? This really applies with Bryce.

We're about to see a HUGE spotlight on Bryce as this season progresses. And one of the things you're going to see is how much he's grown into the role of the "QB for Bama." He's on a level in the lockeroom that's unprecedented in the time I've followed Bama football. You saw a glimpse of that role with "Saban" and "OB" when talking about the team's performance, post game.

I know with the "attention train" inbound people are going to worry about BY. They shouldn't.

Well the guy sure has a ton of weight on him, and he is handling it. Most people are not able to handle this kind of spotlight, he is so far and I dont expect that to change one bit. He has all the tangibles, Smart, athletic, poised, humble, and a team guy. I wish nothing but the best, and hope he breaks every record there is.

And to think, he made $1M this offseason.

I KNOW my head wouldn’t be on straight at his age with that in the bank 😂

He's a rare breed that was handled perfectly by his parents from a very young age. Pat on the back to them for being amazing parents and so humble to build a kid like him. You see it once every 10 years. I say that to come right back and say Arch Manning will be the same way (only a few years a part there). Can't really recall the last kid like these two I've seen.

He's a rare breed that was handled perfectly by his parents from a very young age. Pat on the back to them for being amazing parents and so humble to build a kid like him. You see it once every 10 years. I say that to come right back and say Arch Manning will be the same way (only a few years a part there). Can't really recall the last kid like these two I've seen.
So far he has passed the test but only one game. Lets see how things go as he continues to have success. Also lets see the kid experience adversity when things do not go his way. If he has what we think he has he will be fine but for me I am going to tap the brakes until I see several more games. Call it cautious optimism:).

But Hurts, Tua, and Jones were in such a node dont u think?

pretty good kids. Good parents.
did the right things. Except maybe Jones DUI.

But Hurts, Tua, and Jones were in such a node dont u think?

pretty good kids. Good parents.
did the right things. Except maybe Jones DUI.

Good point. Not sure how I forgot about Tua. The difference I see there is that Bryce's parents mentored their son to make his own decisions, whereas Tua had a heavy influence on him to do what his dad said. Culture? Not sure, but Tua's parents were along that same path as well.

The others had a good head on their shoulders no doubt, but I'm talking more about building their kids athletically and mentally from a very very young age (think Tiger Woods). Go read about Bryce's recruitment and his dad tells a great story about his development as a kid and all the way through handling the high expectations at a school like Mater Dei.

Back
Top Bottom