| FTBL Important notice on the NCAA/NFL pick'em

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

Okay gang, I just wanted to post some info regarding the pick'ems.

First of all, the NFL games for this week are up. Make sure you go pick now because there is a Thursday night game.

As far as the NCAA portion of the pick'em goes I've decided to go ahead and end it with the standings as they are. The reason for that is we want to award the prizes, clear the standings, and then do a bowl game blow out so that more people have the opportunity to start from scratch and win a pick'em. We're also trying to incorperate the Bama Bucks into the bowl pick'em, but we can't do that without beginning another game as it wouldn't be fair to the participants that have played the entire season under the current setup.

The NFL pick'em will end with the regular season and we'll start another game for the playoffs and super bowl using the Bama Bucks.

I'll post more later and give people a heads up once we start getting things squared away more. I apologize for the abruptness of the ending in regards to the NCAA portion, but look at it as another chance to start fresh and win a pick'em.

PM me with any questions gang. Thanks.

Barney, we'll be getting an announcement up but basically you accrue them by posting. The more active you are the more you get. You can use them in the pick'em contests to bet on games.

We're still looking into it but we'll get some info up once we have ironed out some things.

BTW, you have a PM.

porkchop said:
Barney, we'll be getting an announcement up but basically you accrue them by posting. The more active you are the more you get. You can use them in the pick'em contests to bet on games.

then what happens when the post count goes haywire, i have probably lost 300+ posts since this has happened more than once. never was too concered before, cause it was just a post count.
but if it affects participation in the pick'ems (???), how will this be kept accurate?

tidentrue12 said:
porkchop said:

then what happens when the post count goes haywire, i have probably lost 300+ posts since this has happened more than once. never was too concered before, cause it was just a post count.
but if it affects participation in the pick'ems (???), how will this be kept accurate?

We can alter your money so as long as the person has a rough estimate on what they had it's not a huge deal. That's a good point though and I will bring it up when we talk about it again.

tidentrue12 said:
porkchop said:

Just to add a note to what 'chop said, the post count makes very little difference in how many Bucks a person has. The biggest *award* for more Bucks is starting new topics...so, it would be a impact if you started 300 threads or so...

On the other hand, with one solid "bet" you could go from 300 bucks to 600 in a night.

Back
Top Bottom