| FTBL I'm usually labeled a Bama pessimist but ...

musso

i can't help but reflect upon the Arkansas game in a positive light.

1. this was the SEC West champion last season

2. the poor performance of our run defense is mitigated by the fact that all of our scoring drives were relatively quick, thus giving our defense little rest.

3. we knew entering this season that our defensive front seven would be suspect regardless of who our coach would be due to recruiting failures by Kines and company.

4. we faced the best running back tandom in the nation with a suspect front seven and still won!

5. nearly everyone on this board agreed that our offensive production would need to improve this season in order to compensate for our defensive holes, and that is exactly what happened.

6. we lost a big lead (which has seemingly become the norm when playing Arkansas) and came back in the fourth quarter which NEVER happened under Shula.

people, i don't think you can expect anything more under the present circumstances. agree? disagree?

There is always room to improve, but this year Bama has showed a lot of improvement and will improve every game. This is a BIG difference compared to last year where our best game was against Hawaii and went backwards from there. It is still a little early to tell just how good of an Arkansas team that we beat, but I can't celebrate it enough. The comeback in the fourth quarter was something that I was definitely not use to :)

OoO0o0....
i kinda agree....

1. never look at last season, there are some great teams last year and are still WINLESS!!!! HELLO MSU FANS!!!

2. Our defense was on the field only "one game minute" longer then the offense, the Time Of Possession was : Bama : 29:33 Ark: 30:27
so our defense could have been beat, but they will get better as the season moves on.

3. I think that we still need to remember that this is still a new system for some players, and its just a new style of football. We are doing a great job playing with a new system and as a bonus we are winning during the learning process.

4. And STOP hating on Shula.....the past is the past!!!

the_rolltide said:
OoO0o0....
i kinda agree....

1. never look at last season, there are some great teams last year and are still WINLESS!!!! HELLO MSU FANS!!!

?
2. Our defense was on the field only "one game minute" longer then the offense, the Time Of Possession was : Bama : 29:33 Ark: 30:27
so our defense could have been beat, but they will get better as the season moves on.

3. I think that we still need to remember that this is still a new system for some players, and its just a new style of football. We are doing a great job playing with a new system and as a bonus we are winning during the learning process.

4. And STOP hating on Shula.....the past is the past!!!

If he did his job I would agree with you...but, since he didn't...

After seeing the game a couple times now, my thought is that Arkansas is a much better team than we give credit. Both offensive and definsive.

I don't think that they loose another game until they play Loseriana.

Ahh, I guess you're right. There was someone who struck one of my nerves, but it wasn't you!! Sorry for the accusation. I'm gonna get whoever the culprit was!!

:lol:

musso said:
i can't help but reflect upon the Arkansas game in a positive light.

1. this was the SEC West champion last season

2. the poor performance of our run defense is mitigated by the fact that all of our scoring drives were relatively quick, thus giving our defense little rest.

3. we knew entering this season that our defensive front seven would be suspect regardless of who our coach would be due to recruiting failures by Kines and company.

4. we faced the best running back tandom in the nation with a suspect front seven and still won!

5. nearly everyone on this board agreed that our offensive production would need to improve this season in order to compensate for our defensive holes, and that is exactly what happened.

6. we lost a big lead (which has seemingly become the norm when playing Arkansas) and came back in the fourth quarter which NEVER happened under Shula.

people, i don't think you can expect anything more under the present circumstances. agree? disagree?

Excellent points, Musso.

Back
Top Bottom