| FTBL I'm not a Finebaum fan but....

Thanks RAMMA for the link. I enjoyed the read, though I wish PF had not made the following statement:

"Besides, five years in a toxic waste dump like Baton Rouge must have felt like a lifetime."

Yes, Baton Rouge has its share of chemical plants, but I actually found the city to be a neat place to live and provided some of the best times of my life. (Of course, I lived there before the after effects of Katrina, when the city became a refuge for many NO residents, including its most undesirable ones).

Anyway, I found that comment pretty low and hope PF catches holy heck from the Red Stick residents.

Just passing it on. More than welcome. 8)

Bear, yes I agree but that's just his style. It's also the reason why I just can't bring myself to take him seriously at times, nor be a real supporter of him. He does know his sports (at times), I'll give him that, but his style is a little too thick for my tastes.

PF article

Appreciate the link. I get tired of his whining but it does seem like Finebaum "likes" Coach Saban more than he has any other coach we've had since Coach Stallings. Since I've said that, I guess I do too!
Roll Tide!

I cant believe a newspaper would publish that garbage. Some of the points are true but he says them in such a classless way. He is the one that is obsessed with LSU.

Calling Baton Rouge a toxic waste dump is the worst comment of them all. Its not like tuscaloosa is the nicest place in the world. Baton rouge is a nice place. There are not chemical plants in the middle of the city or anything. They are located in North Baton Rouge where the projects are and in the cities surrounding them.
Katrina raised the crime rate a little for a while but that has gone back down since a lot of the people have gone back to NO and the worst katrina people went to Houston.

How can you blatantly say that this weekend is a loss because we are stuck with Miles. At worst the jury is still out on him.

I have never seen such venom from a supposed "journalist" I know all he does is spit out stuff like skip bayless to stir the pot, but i am astonished that a newspaper publishes that junk.

bayoulsucajun said:
I cant believe a newspaper would publish that garbage. Some of the points are true but he says them in such a classless way. He is the one that is obsessed with LSU.

Calling Baton Rouge a toxic waste dump is the worst comment of them all. Its not like tuscaloosa is the nicest place in the world. Baton rouge is a nice place. There are not chemical plants in the middle of the city or anything. They are located in North Baton Rouge where the projects are and in the cities surrounding them.
Katrina raised the crime rate a little for a while but that has gone back down since a lot of the people have gone back to NO and the worst katrina people went to Houston.

How can you blatantly say that this weekend is a loss because we are stuck with Miles. At worst the jury is still out on him.

I have never seen such venom from a supposed "journalist" I know all he does is spit out stuff like skip bayless to stir the pot, but i am astonished that a newspaper publishes that junk.

Ah, a finebaum virgin. He's not obsessed with LSU, he's obsessed with getting crazed, angry reactions (like yours) from his intended victims. This article is mild compared to some of the manure he's foisted upon the University and aubrun.

He's a merchant of chaos and a bandwagon parasite. Ignore him.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Ah, a finebaum virgin. He's not obsessed with LSU, he's obsessed with getting crazed, angry reactions (like yours) from his intended victims. This article is mild compared to some of the manure he's foisted upon the University and aubrun.

RTR,

Tim

i have actually read his stuff before and know how ridiculous he is but the thing that amazes me is that a newspaper publishes his venom. No respectable newspaper would publish this hatred.

It Takes Eleven said:
bayoulsucajun said:

RTR,

Tim

Outstanding analogy. To me he's the Jerry Springer of Radio and does it well. Laughable that people even listen. Finebaum's bank acct...at the expense of many... says they do.

I think Paul pretty much hits this one on the head. Of course, he takes shots at LSU fans and Baton Rouge which is funny but not needed.

Paul's job is to piss people off and make (sometimes) engaging commentary. Few do it better. Every thing Paul says has to be taken with a grain of salt.

It was not long ago that he was making similar remarks about Alabama and Alabama fans.

I agree with what he said regarding Coach Saban and the LSU fanbase being interested in him, but the way he says it is typical Paul.

bayoulsucajun said:
It Takes Eleven said:
bayoulsucajun said:

RTR,

Tim

i have actually read his stuff before and know how ridiculous he is but the thing that amazes me is that a newspaper publishes his venom. No respectable newspaper would publish this hatred.

In reading other columnists and op-ed pieces and going on your statement, I'd have to say that there are no respectable newspapers. Whether it's through value or controversy, they want to sell papers. It's only a profit thing, but you already know that from your whatever your line of work is.

Sports pages have become a bastion for the unsupportable statement. That's why they feel threatened by message boards. :D

RTR,

Tim

bayoulsucajun said:
Some of the points are true but he says them in such a classless way.

Wait, what would YOU know about class? You came to a "supposed" rival forum only to stir the pot and get a rise out of people posting your spin :roll: .

Next....

Back
Top Bottom