| FTBL If it happens...

RollTide1980

Verified Member
...and we are handed some form of probation, what is the next step in respect to our "bright" future? Based on news reports and what I've read about other schools having this issue, it seems to be very serious.

As horrible as it sounds, I see some sort of probation as VERY likely based on how the NCAA has handled cases like this in the past.

We brought in Saban to change everything, bring in top notch recruits, beat our rivals, win the SEC and win the National Championship.

How would we all deal with another major setback. If the worst becomes a reality...how would things shake out for us?

As a side note, I know many of you will say I'm crazy or I'm getting carried away...etc. However, this thing does seem serious and it's honestly hard to stay happy about the UT win and the upcoming LSU game knowing things aren't looking so good.

For those who think nothing will come of this, I think that's a very foolish remark.

~Bryan

RollTide1980 said:
...and we are handed some form of probation, what is the next step in respect to our "bright" future? Based on news reports and what I've read about other schools having this issue, it seems to be very serious.

As horrible as it sounds, I see some sort of probation as VERY likely based on how the NCAA has handled cases like this in the past.

We brought in Saban to change everything, bring in top notch recruits, beat our rivals, win the SEC and win the National Championship.

How would we all deal with another major setback. If the worst becomes a reality...how would things shake out for us?

As a side note, I know many of you will say I'm crazy or I'm getting carried away...etc. However, this thing does seem serious and it's honestly hard to stay happy about the UT win and the upcoming LSU game knowing things aren't looking so good.

For those who think nothing will come of this, I think that's a very foolish remark.

~Bryan

You need to watch yesterday's press conference, Saban has a message for you.

Porterhouse said:
RollTide1980 said:

~Bryan

Saban is alot of things, but the NCAA...he is not.

I know what he said...and all he's doing is reading the "company line". What else is he gonna say?

~Bryan

Do you specifically know what you are talking about?

I think you don't have a clue. Do you have a link to some information you've seen that apparently no one else knows about?

The exact infraction was not specified, only that the players committed a "violation of institutional policy involving impermissible receipt of textbooks."

BamaHeat said:
Do you specifically know what you are talking about?

I think you don't have a clue. Do you have a link to some information you've seen that apparently no one else knows about?

You seem like the clueless one pal. I need a link to prove my topic of discussion???

If that is what you need to make you feel better, a topic concerning this was posted yesterday that had the links you crave.

I'm giving an opinion so I don't need links to information for an opinion.

If you still don't have a clue as to why I posted this topic, then perhaps you're the clueless one, sir.

If you honestly don't know what has transpired over the last 36-48 hours then I, or someone else, will be happy to inform you.

~Bryan

RollTide1980 said:
Porterhouse said:
RollTide1980 said:

~Bryan

I know what he said...and all he's doing is reading the "company line". What else is he gonna say?

~Bryan

Ok. I didn't want to say it, but I guess I'll have to. The NCAA will shut us down. Saban will move on. Bryant-Denny will be turned into a 1/8 dirt-track complex, and the football program will be disbanded because a few players tricked the system and either made a little cash off some textbooks or gave some textbooks to friends. Luckily for us though, we can still play this year, and maybe next year before the NCAA puts on the padlock. Of course recruiting will tank in the meantime, all of our current commitments will de-commit with a week or so, and we will be lucky to steal a few from Stillman and Alabama St before it is all said and done. I would say just enjoy what is left of BAMA football before the sun sets on us, and go ahead and start looking for a new team to root for starting in 2009 or so. As for me, I've always kinda liked to Sooners.

Okay, we all know this and nothing more...

The exact infraction was not specified, only that the players committed a "violation of institutional policy involving impermissible receipt of textbooks."

Your coming on here and saying what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever. Lay down the crack pipe.

HiTide said:
Hey 1980, two words....

Meth Kills.

Two words. JESUS SAVES. I'm a christian, so I wouldn't know.

I just posted an opinion about a topic of conversation. If you wanna brush it under the rug and act like a 5 year old with some dumb remark, then you have every right.

I posted my topic in hopes of real thoughts and other legit opinions. If this is how many of you want to take it...then I'm sorry.

~Bryan

Porterhouse said:
RollTide1980 said:
Porterhouse said:
RollTide1980 said:

~Bryan

~Bryan

Ok. I didn't want to say it, but I guess I'll have to. The NCAA will shut us down. Saban will move on. Bryant-Denny will be turned into a 1/8 dirt-track complex, and the football program will be disbanded because a few players tricked the system and either made a little cash off some textbooks or gave some textbooks to friends. Luckily for us though, we can still play this year, and maybe next year before the NCAA puts on the padlock. Of course recruiting will tank in the meantime, all of our current commitments will de-commit with a week or so, and we will be lucky to steal a few from Stillman and Alabama St before it is all said and done. I would say just enjoy what is left of BAMA football before the sun sets on us, and go ahead and start looking for a new team to root for starting in 2009 or so. As for me, I've always kinda liked to Sooners.

Racin is my second favorite sport!

Let's not let our ignorance on a specific situation keep us from jumping directly to the "doomsday" scenario. Geez 180, you're a heck of a fan. You should have followed fRAN to aTm. You'd really have something to wring your hands over. :roll:

BamaHeat said:
Okay, we all know this and nothing more...

Your coming on here and saying what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever. Lay down the crack pipe.

LOL!!!

This is a MESSAGE BOARD. People put OPINIONS on a message board.

I was just asking if the WORST CASE SCENERIO comes to pass, what would we do. Before the other probations came and knocked us cold I'm sure many people were asking what we would do if the worst came. I'm simply doing the same.

Is it a crime to ask that question?

Rather than giving a response you tell me to lay off the crack pipe.

BRILLIANT! LOL!!

I thought Auburn fans were bad.

~Bryan

RollTide1980 said:
HiTide said:
Hey 1980, two words....

Meth Kills.

Two words. JESUS SAVES. I'm a christian, so I wouldn't know.

I just posted an opinion about a topic of conversation. If you wanna brush it under the rug and act like a 5 year old with some dumb remark, then you have every right.

I posted my topic in hopes of real thoughts and other legit opinions. If this is how many of you want to take it...then I'm sorry.

~Bryan

Hey guy, no offense but I really do think you're going waaaaaaayyyy over board on this book thing. It'll be alright man. Just chill, you'll see.

I said yesterday that the thing that concerns me is what Coach Saban mentioned in his post-game presser and that is the system that was put in place to keep this from happening failed.

The good thing is there is a system in place. The other good thing is something happened where we were able to catch this and suspend the players involved so we have been proactive in this process. Let's face it, the AD became aware of this on Thursday and the players did not participate on Saturday. That is swift and sure action by anyone's standards including the NCAA.

I don't think any of you get my point yet.

I posted a topic...I wanted some thoughts and opinions on what "COULD" happen. COULD HAPPEN.

Y'all act like I'm the NCAA! LOL!

I was just asking for some positive feedback instead I have people 20 years older than me acting like 5 years olds.

I asked a question...that was all. In a nutshell I just asked what would we do and how would everyone feel. Simple as that. Instead I get told to put down the drugs!

I'm a HUGE Bama fan like the rest of you, but don't attack me just b/c I expressed a concern.

~Bryan

Well, the way you are talking, there is a lot more to it than we all know. I just asked if you know more than the rest of us.

I think it's a little premature to even talk about school related NCAA violations for something some individual students did unless there is more to it.

From the sounds of it, I don't even think it is sports related. It sounds like an academic/school policy issue that would impact their ability to participate in the sports program. Other than that, I would be surprised to find it even impacts the team as far as the NCAA.

Alabama, like everyone else, has a compliance program in-house. The Athletics Compliance Office is committed and compelled to the principle of institutional control in the operation of the athletics department in a way that is constant within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Southeastern Conference and the University.

Sorry about the crack pipe joke. I just think it's reaching to have this type of discussion.

Back
Top Bottom