| FTBL If it happens...

RollTide1980 said:
BamaHeat said:
Okay, we all know this and nothing more...

The exact infraction was not specified, only that the players committed a "violation of institutional policy involving impermissible receipt of textbooks."

Your coming on here and saying what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever. Lay down the crack pipe.

I was just asking if the WORST CASE SCENERIO comes to pass, what would we do.
~Bryan

Bryan,

I think no one is ready to even think about that right now. With the past years events, I don't think anyone was happy to hear about this issue and all are ready for it to go away.....yesterday!

Let's just see what happens over the next week. We should know more because a determination needs to be made with the players that hve been suspended so we will all know soon enough.

bamafan4ever said:
I said yesterday that the thing that concerns me is what Coach Saban mentioned in his post-game presser and that is the system that was put in place to keep this from happening failed.

The good thing is there is a system in place. The other good thing is something happened where we were able to catch this and suspend the players involved so we have been proactive in this process. Let's face it, the AD became aware of this on Thursday and the players did not participate on Saturday. That is swift and sure action by anyone's standards including the NCAA.

Thank you!

This is ALL I wanted. Honest thoughts and other opinions.

~Bryan

RollTide1980 said:
...and we are handed some form of probation, what is the next step in respect to our "bright" future? Based on news reports and what I've read about other schools having this issue, it seems to be very serious.

As horrible as it sounds, I see some sort of probation as VERY likely based on how the NCAA has handled cases like this in the past.

We brought in Saban to change everything, bring in top notch recruits, beat our rivals, win the SEC and win the National Championship.

How would we all deal with another major setback. If the worst becomes a reality...how would things shake out for us?

As a side note, I know many of you will say I'm crazy or I'm getting carried away...etc. However, this thing does seem serious and it's honestly hard to stay happy about the UT win and the upcoming LSU game knowing things aren't looking so good.

For those who think nothing will come of this, I think that's a very foolish remark.

~Bryan

I am not sure.

Maybe you can help me with this one...

What happens if aliens from the planet Xarcon come down and kidnap the president and take him to their secret hideout on the campus of Auburn...then when we go down there to play, they shoot a giant death-ray out of their buttocks (because that is what Aliens from the planet Xarcon are want to do) and hit our team bus and our football team is transposed in time with the 1908 Yale rowing team? How will Saban cope if in the aftermath his brain is accidentally swapped with the brain of George W. Bush?

I mean...it could happen...hypothetically speaking. They did find another solar system with planets orbiting a star so we could be invaded by aliens from Xarcon!

Saban went from zero to 90 mph the second time he was asked about this, he was mad and implied that the more people talk about it the bigger a deal it is.

Bottom line? The school caught some behavior they didn't approve of and immediately metted out punishment.

Don't we play LSU in a couple weeks?

BamaHeat said:
Well, the way you are talking, there is a lot more to it than we all know. I just asked if you know more than the rest of us.

I think it's a little premature to even talk about school related NCAA violations for something some individual students did unless there is more to it.

From the sounds of it, I don't even think it is sports related. It sounds like an academic/school policy issue that would impact their ability to participate in the sports program. Other than that, I would be surprised to find it even impacts the team as far as the NCAA.

Alabama, like everyone else, has a compliance program in-house. The Athletics Compliance Office is committed and compelled to the principle of institutional control in the operation of the athletics department in a way that is constant within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Southeastern Conference and the University.

Sorry about the crack pipe joke. I just think it's reaching to have this type of discussion.

Hey man..it's fine. I'm not mad at anyone and I wasn't when I posted this.

I just was looking for thoughts from other fans instead it started off with pointless "spam jabs" and such.

I don't wanna think about it either, but I don't think we need to stay on the pulse.

Speaking for myself, I would be MAD if something were to come of this. I feel like we've turned a corner and I know most of us would be heartbroken if we had to start over.

I posted that thread "Rebirth in less than 24 hours" and I meant it...and it happened! I would just hate to have another issue bog us down.

Thanks for expressing your honest thoughts. I hope the rest of us can do the same.

~Bryan :)

RollTide1980 said:
BamaHeat said:
Do you specifically know what you are talking about?

I think you don't have a clue. Do you have a link to some information you've seen that apparently no one else knows about?

You seem like the clueless one pal. I need a link to prove my topic of discussion???

If that is what you need to make you feel better, a topic concerning this was posted yesterday that had the links you crave.

I'm giving an opinion so I don't need links to information for an opinion.

If you still don't have a clue as to why I posted this topic, then perhaps you're the clueless one, sir.

If you honestly don't know what has transpired over the last 36-48 hours then I, or someone else, will be happy to inform you.

~Bryan

I believe what happened was that we totally dominated one of our bigger rivals.

Seriously RollTide1980, I thought some news had come out that I had missed today. When I saw your first post, I went scrambling, looking for a press release. [heartattck]

BamaHeat said:
Seriously RollTide1980, I thought some news had come out that I had missed today. When I saw your first post, I went scrambling, looking for a press release. [heartattck]

My apology. I honestly thought you were just remarking about this being a "non issue" sorta speak.

I'm sorry if you thought some breaking news had been reported.

~Bryan

FYI: If anyone is looking to get attention on the board and increase your post count. Talk about this situation! LOL!! :D

...That is also NOT what I was after.

I'm in journalism, so I guess this is what I get for writing/broadcasting sports for a decade. LOL

RollTide1980 said:
...and we are handed some form of probation, what is the next step in respect to our "bright" future? Based on news reports and what I've read about other schools having this issue, it seems to be very serious.

As horrible as it sounds, I see some sort of probation as VERY likely based on how the NCAA has handled cases like this in the past.

We brought in Saban to change everything, bring in top notch recruits, beat our rivals, win the SEC and win the National Championship.

How would we all deal with another major setback. If the worst becomes a reality...how would things shake out for us?

As a side note, I know many of you will say I'm crazy or I'm getting carried away...etc. However, this thing does seem serious and it's honestly hard to stay happy about the UT win and the upcoming LSU game knowing things aren't looking so good.

For those who think nothing will come of this, I think that's a very foolish remark.

~Bryan

I'm a little concerned as well. The rational side of me is certain that this will amount to nothing, the offending players will have to give a few bucks to a local charity, sit a game or two, and all will be made right again.

The Bama fan inside me is fearful that an investigation will uncover a textbook blackmarket cartel, the school will self report what it finds, and the program will be placed on probation self reporting the illegal actions the same group that ignores USC's recent activities (which were worse than any of our offenses).

Honestly, I think your over-reacting a little (so too are the people that jumped on you like you were some Barner or Vile). I'm hoping for the most likely case and looking foward to the LSU game. Roll Tide!

hey rolltide i don't really belieave noone is trying to really be a smart butt but all of us just don't want to think about another trip on probation or worse over books right now after what we have been through but my opion is that nothing will come of it in the NCAA after leting FLA. ST MIA OKLA AND USC off with so much even the suprem court would have to rule in our favor but if they did do something what i would do is pull for my high school team that is 6 time state champions and 6 time runner up in ALABAMA and wait tell we can do like SMU and start over and then add the 13th championship

I hate to add some facts to this thread but...

Ball State was just put on probation for a "textbook" related violation. Their situation involved 89 athletes in 10 sports and over $26,000 worth of books. These players were given a $1,000 allowance and if they didn't need all of the money they would buy textbooks for friends (some may have even sold these books at a discount and pocketed the $$$)

In 1998 Cincinnati was placed on probation for a number of violations including a basketball secretary giving a juco basketball "prospect" textbooks as well as enrolling him in classes while he was still enrolled in j.c. and the team manager went to class for him and took notes.

In May of this year Temple's tennis team was placed on probation for allowing student athletes to purchase textbooks for classes they weren't enrolled in and then either selling them or giving them to girlfriends or other friends. They were also found guilty of having a tennis player practice and compete even though that player was ineligible and had the player compete under the name of another player that was eligible but had left the team.

There are a number of cases where getting textbooks illegally are cited but usually are accompanied by a number of other infractions. So unless this unearths a number of other violations this will be minor.

It's a damn barner or vile setup. They had a plant working in the bookstore and whoever it is gave our guys extra books then went and reported it to screw us over.

That's gotta be it...

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

doomed1eu2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom