| FTBL I will be happy if....

BamaDelta said:
Roll Tide Rev said:
we BEAT DOWN THE BARN AND THE VILES!!!

Ok I am happy just to be a BAMA fan! Roll Tide!

Right now I just want to beat Houston.

No one should be looking past Houston. They have one of the top offenses in the country. If we were entering this game 5-0, I'd be pretty nervous about an upset, but for a team needing to rebound, Bama SHOULD win this one.

I posted this on another forum so I thought I'd do it here too.

I'd be happy if our fans would have some patience and chill a little.

I just got back from Jacksonville and I hurt as much as anyone. Especially with our loss and the barns luck in the Swamp last night. Of course I get email from barners who have been no where to be found until this morning. Typical cow chip hoarder's behavior.

Folks, CNS has been telling us that we have a ways to go and to be patient. He's been preaching it all spring and preseason this fall. But, most of the fan base got drunk on success after the first 3 games and now they don't like the hang over.

It's going to take some time like it or not. Look at LSU now and that's where we will be in all likelihood in 3-4 years, if we will give CNS the time and support to get it done.

Americans are a spoiled instant gratification society and Bama fans are no exception. If we don't win them all or blow them out every week we start complaining and whining and laying blame.

Support this team and have patience. If you want instant gratification and nothing but wins, support LSU or USC. But when the pendulum swings in a few years, don't come crawling back. Don't be jumping on and off the bandwagon or I may give your butt a shove back off. I get so sick and tired of reading some of you complaining, complaining, complaining. We win, and still some complain about the win.

Be with us or be gone.

Roll TIDE....

BamaAlum50 said:

I just got back from Jacksonville and I hurt as much as anyone. Especially with our loss and the barns luck in the Swamp last night. Of course I get email from barners who have been no where to be found until this morning. Typical cow chip hoarder's behavior.

Folks, CNS has been telling us that we have a ways to go and to be patient. He's been preaching it all spring and preseason this fall. But, most of the fan base got drunk on success after the first 3 games and now they don't like the hang over.

It's going to take some time like it or not. Look at LSU now and that's where we will be in all likelihood in 3-4 years, if we will give CNS the time and support to get it done.

Americans are a spoiled instant gratification society and Bama fans are no exception. If we don't win them all or blow them out every week we start complaining and whining and laying blame.

Support this team and have patience. If you want instant gratification and nothing but wins, support LSU or USC. But when the pendulum swings in a few years, don't come crawling back. Don't be jumping on and off the bandwagon or I may give your butt a shove back off. I get so sick and tired of reading some of you complaining, complaining, complaining. We win, and still some complain about the win.

Be with us or be gone.

Roll TIDE....

I agree. We are rebuilding. It is a PROCESS. We will be back.

BamaAlum50 said:

Be with us or be gone.

Roll TIDE....

excellent post my friend

I am glad someone finally makes a very true statement. I am not happy with some of the decisions made on the field. but if I knew everything I would not be watching the games I would be coaching. The same goes for the announcers of ball games if they were as good as they think they are why are they not coaching. just my thoughts.

BamaAlum50 said:

Be with us or be gone.

Roll TIDE....

BamaAlum50,

Very nice post and I agree with you. A good point you bring up is when we win, people seem to go out of their way to somehow not enjoy the win but want to critique someone when they didn't have as good of an individual performance as others on the team. I have become weary of this as well and those are the days I wish I didn't have to read some of the garbage posted by some.

I will say this however. Regardless of what a lot of our "expectations" were at the beginning of the season (I waivered between 7 and 8 wins) it is always tough to digest losing. What galls me is people never giving the other team credit for the win and if we lose, it must have been insert name here's fault. It's fine to give an opinion on what you thought went wrong but when you sit back and say, "FSU's defense wasn't that good", you lose all credibility with me to make an objective opinion.

I honestly think we have a chance against whomever we play. That's what my heart tells me. My head tells me we will have a very difficult time beating a couple of teams left on our schedule if certain facets of our game don't improve but who am I to say they won't?!

This is one time in our recent history that we can honestly say to ourselves that the program is in very capable hands. If you excercise patience, I think you will be rewarded greatly in the end.

RTR!!!

Back
Top Bottom