| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC I pay little attention to the R&R HOF, but this shocks me! Willie Nelson is JUST NOW inducted?

Didn't they just invite Dolly last year? Or was that a different HOF? Seems like she turned it down but then later accepted or some such...

I don't keep up with that stuff at all, but seems a little odd that R&R HOF would want country artists, even if they are icons. There should be plenty of R&R people to choose from each year, you'd think?

I don't keep up with that stuff at all, but seems a little odd that R&R HOF would want country artists, even if they are icons. There should be plenty of R&R people to choose from each year, you'd think?
Johnny Cash and Hank Williams are in...

As I understand it, the only requirements they have are "artists who have had a great impact on the youth."

Didn't they just invite Dolly last year? Or was that a different HOF? Seems like she turned it down but then later accepted or some such...

That was it. R&R Hall of Fame induction process is a mess. The board selects a group to be voted on and then sends it to 1000 people who vote and there is also a fan vote. Last year the possible inductees were Beck, Pat Benatar, Kate Bush, DEVO, Duran Duran, Eminem, Eurythmics, Judas Priest, Fela Kuti, MC5, New York Dolls, Dolly Parton, Rage Against The Machine, Lionel Richie, Carly Simon, A Tribe Called Quest, and Dionne Warwick. This year they added Sheryl Crow, Missy Elliott, Joy Division/New Order, Cyndi Lauper, George Michael, Willie Nelson, The White Stripes, and Warren Zevon. So at least they could have corrected some egregious omissions this year but didn't.

That was it. R&R Hall of Fame induction process is a mess. The board selects a group to be voted on and then sends it to 1000 people who vote and there is also a fan vote. Last year the possible inductees were Beck, Pat Benatar, Kate Bush, DEVO, Duran Duran, Eminem, Eurythmics, Judas Priest, Fela Kuti, MC5, New York Dolls, Dolly Parton, Rage Against The Machine, Lionel Richie, Carly Simon, A Tribe Called Quest, and Dionne Warwick. This year they added Sheryl Crow, Missy Elliott, Joy Division/New Order, Cyndi Lauper, George Michael, Willie Nelson, The White Stripes, and Warren Zevon. So at least they could have corrected some egregious omissions this year but didn't.
Save Priest and RATM, all others here have one common characteristic:

💩

Save Priest and RATM, all others here have one common characteristic:

💩
We are going to have to disagree on that for sure. Dolly Parton deserves anything good she gets and I will die on that hill. Her influence on female entertainers in rock is undeniable. While not my cup of tea, the Eurythmics were very influential to a lot of artists who came after them. Eminem is Eminem, if you dislike that type of music you won't get it (just like you won't get why Wu Tang not being there yet is a crime). Willie Nelson skirted the country-rock line a lot, especially compared to Southern Rock bands of the 1970's, and nobody can say he isn't a great. Dionne Warwick, Lionel Ritchie, and some others really ride on being known still after this long. No way the New York Dolls really deserve it on anything other than their influence on Glam/Punk, I doubt most people who would vote for them could name 1 song they did or one member other than misnaming David Johansen as Buster Poindexter (side note, he hates Hot Hot Hot, calling it the bane of his existence).

Back
Top Bottom