| FTBL I don't like Brian Kelly but I like his response to the bleeding hearts...

Secondand26

"I was talking and making a joke about it. It was taken serious? Are you people crazy?"

He's not funny, I don't like him, and I HATE Notre Dame, but he is correct - get a life!

He SHOULD be dragged for not giving credit to John McKay for the quote!

Last edited:
John McKay.............one liners

"I think it's a good idea." -- on the Buccaneers' execution

"Every time I look up, it seems we're punting." -- on the early years of Tampa Bay

"Everyone is unhappy at times, even my wife. Only she doesn't get interviewed about it." --on Buccaneers players who were complaining to the press

"Injuries kill you. I remember in Pittsburgh, we had no players and the ones we did have wanted to stay at the hotel by the fire. I was ticked because that's where I wanted to stand." -- on the Buccaneers losing 42-0 to the Steelers

"We didn't have a lot of talkers. We had two or three guys who could say a long prayer. In fact, one guy went so long one time he got an standing ovation. He was blessing everybody, the motor, the tire, the wheels, the fans. I kind of went to sleep." -- on his early Bucs teams

"You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is 'no.'" -- on why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience

"The (orange) uniforms were already picked out by the time I got here. I didn't give it too much thought until I saw our buses and I said, `My God, we're dressed just like that bus.' " -- on the Bucs uniforms

"They fired two guys in the front office before I even got here. We didn't have a place to practice. There just hadn't been a lot done. Except they had picked out the uniform, of course." -- on the Bucs organization

My Favorite .....

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

"It was about three-to-one that I was not an SOB. But there were a lot of ones." --on fan mail he received as Tampa Bay coach

I stop watching it when he was about to talk! Glad I did. But the F$U coach should be kick on his back side for going 2 point after the TD. That one point would won the game.

ND is the most unathletic team in the country.
They should shoot their DC... I have no idea what the hell they were doing in the 4th quarter... actually even on the Offensive side of the ball the 4th quarter was a mystery for ND.

I think they are the most over-rated school every year... it's amazing they keep getting ranked so high only to fall on their face, or in this case, almost fall on their face.

They should shoot their DC... I have no idea what the hell they were doing in the 4th quarter... actually even on the Offensive side of the ball the 4th quarter was a mystery for ND.

I think they are the most over-rated school every year... it's amazing they keep getting ranked so high only to fall on their face, or in this case, almost fall on their face.
They are notre dame....
Period...
Even when they really arent

That is one hire Kelly shit the bed on. The DC is out of his depth.

Poor guy... Some irony of course that he's one of the most un-funny guys in sports and finally tries to make a joke, and gets crushed for it. Joke was poorly executed, no doubt! 😂
In my view the "poor" lable belongs on those raising hell about this, not on Kelly. Here's my position.

When McKay said what he did I was in elementary school. I learned of it later in life. Here we have people who cover the sport for a living, know fully well how McKay was, and didn't get the reference.

It's a Scarbinsky moment; sports writers commenting on things when their main desire, and talent for that matter is covering the food section (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I stop watching it when he was about to talk! Glad I did. But the F$U coach should be kick on his back side for going 2 point after the TD. That one point would won the game.
And calling time out in OT. He iced HIS kicker. The kid made the 50 yarder and then missed the shorter one after all the BS review.

Just an observation here...

You guys might not want to sleep on Notre Dame. They have a QB in Coen (sp.) Coen, to Paul Cryst, looks like Justin Fields and Kirby.

Back
Top Bottom