| FTBL I can't complain about any nearby Vols

G

For once I had NO vols by me. I can remember many a UT game in the past where there were several in my section. Not Saturday! It was great. :) Great crowd noise all game as well. We all did good.

BamaDelta said:
For once I had NO vols by me. I can remember many a UT game in the past where there were several in my section. Not Saturday! It was great. :) Great crowd noise all game as well. We all did good.

We had a few in front of us and a couple directly behind us in a TP section, but they were well behaved. I still hate seeing them in BAMA sections though.

I must say however, that I have still never had a bad experience around a Vol fan, and that includes 2 BAMA games at Neyland Stadium. From my perspective, the fans that go to their games are a pretty classy bunch overall, and I rate them as top 3 in the SEC. If it were not for Fulmer, this rivalry would be intense and fun, but without the animosity IMO. I think it will be that way soon...

BamaDelta said:

For such a big game against a team who travels well, I was surprised to see orange so sparse in Bama areas. I thought we had a much greater mixture of Bama fans in ut ticket areas.

It was fun to watch the orange leak out of the stadium.

RTR,

Tim

I have also been to Neyland and Bryant Denny and sat around some Vols fans. Everyone of them have all been nice to me. They really dont have that bad of a fan base, I am sure there are some bad stories out there, but as many Bama/UT games that I have been to, inside the stadiums I have had no problem at all with them. As Porter said, my dislike is purely sighted at Phil Fulmer.

I did however see where a Bama guy came back from a game in Knoxville with them and had their windows knocked out, but every team has its screwed up fans. This rivalry is one of the best in the game IMHO. I look forward to it every year.

I think Bama/UT fans are a mirror image of each other just with different colors.

We have a guy that sits on the end of our row that is probably 75 years old and has never in my 6 years missed a single game. Well we always laugh and talk before every game and he ALWAYS tell me how long it is til Tennessee game...."hey three weeks til UT" :shock: Clearly hes the old guard Bama fan that has deep hate for the VOLS.

Well Im walking up the steps and there are 3 UT fans and 1 Bama fan in his seats. My first reaction was "oh *&%* he died UT week!" My next reaction was naw couldnt have these folks are in the wrong section and my pal "Oldie" (I think his name is Jerry but my Bro and I just refer to him as Oldie Olderson) will have a field day telling them to leave his seats! (hes a very emotional guy that will dance a jig after a Bama win) Well there are lierally 15 or 20 people telling the UT fans about "Oldie" and his dislike for UT and NEVER missing a game. (all goodhearted jabs) They said he must like Green more than his dislike for orange :lol:

So halftime rolls around and Im strolling threw the concourse and I see "Oldie" I said first off Im glad to see you secondly your getting a very bad reputation in our section. He puts on a HUGE smile and says I was just heading up to say an apology to everybody. Seems he had Skybox seats for the game and had given his tickets to his wife to get rid of.

He said he looked down from his skybox and knew he had to come down at the half and tell us SORRY!

So heres to Oldie and a win over UT! (che)

I really didn't see any UT fans until after the game. As I was leaving the stadium area the UT player buses were loading. I didn't see Phil, but most of the players were all there. I wouldn't recognize them from Adam, so I have no idea who they were.

You should all know that I never say anything to the opposition after games, but I so bad wanted to shout just a little, tiny Roll Tide. You just don't know how tempting it was for me, yet I knew I would regret the taunting of 18 and 19-year-old kids later. :wink:

I did pass some Vol fans after my 2-hour shopping spree for my son. I have NO idea what they were still doing hanging around. I told them to have a safe trip home (nothing more, no smirk, no sarcism, nothing), and I was greeted with a "huh".

I guess I might feel just as crappy too though. :lol:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
We have a guy that sits on the end of our row that is probably 75 years old and has never in my 6 years missed a single game. Well we always laugh and talk before every game and he ALWAYS tell me how long it is til Tennessee game...."hey three weeks til UT" :shock: Clearly hes the old guard Bama fan that has deep hate for the VOLS.

Well Im walking up the steps and there are 3 UT fans and 1 Bama fan in his seats. My first reaction was "oh *&%* he died UT week!" My next reaction was naw couldnt have these folks are in the wrong section and my pal "Oldie" (I think his name is Jerry but my Bro and I just refer to him as Oldie Olderson) will have a field day telling them to leave his seats! (hes a very emotional guy that will dance a jig after a Bama win) Well there are lierally 15 or 20 people telling the UT fans about "Oldie" and his dislike for UT and NEVER missing a game. (all goodhearted jabs) They said he must like Green more than his dislike for orange :lol:

So halftime rolls around and Im strolling threw the concourse and I see "Oldie" I said first off Im glad to see you secondly your getting a very bad reputation in our section. He puts on a HUGE smile and says I was just heading up to say an apology to everybody. Seems he had Skybox seats for the game and had given his tickets to his wife to get rid of.

He said he looked down from his skybox and knew he had to come down at the half and tell us SORRY!

So heres to Oldie and a win over UT! (che)

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it. ;tr

We had no UT fans around us this year, which almost disappointed me. We usually have a few opposing fans down to the right of us. Its fun to yell extra loud for those rival fans down near us when we do something good, which was alot this past week.

Yeah I noticed that, for the most part, the UT fans were in the UT designated sections. There weren't that many spread out in BAMA sections like usual. Maybe they just didn't want to make the trip to Tuscaloosa this year. But, my fiance (in Iraq) said there weren't as many TN fans this year because there are 200 or so in Iraq!!! He may have a point.... :) He's a TN fan and is with the Chattanooga unit. I kept sending him text messages updating him on the score, so he was keeping the other guys informed as well. He said they thought he was joking. HAHA He said needless to say, that wasn't a very good day for them! I told him I was sorry, kinda, but not really. HAHA :) ROLL TIDE!!

Back
Top Bottom