| FTBL I am no USF fan...

All he has to do his barely touch him.

When it's a push in the back of ANY kind it's gonna be called when it's in clear view. Which it was.

Had he had been in heavy traffic and the ref was blocked, he could have gotten away with it, but that wasn't the case.

Just like a late hit doesn't have to be a hard hit to be called, pass interference doesn't haven't to be a big push to be called either.

~Bryan

Can't really blame the refs there, it looked like a push off without a doubt. Putting your hands on a reciever and extending your arms in that situation would almost certainly will get a call.

Tider 27 said:
Can't really blame the refs there, it looked like a push off without a doubt. Putting your hands on a reciever and extending your arms in that situation would almost certainly will get a call.

The impetus of the defensive player carried him forward. The receiver did not push.

Just like the fumbles they called illegal, USF got ripped.

Big_Fan said:
Tider 27 said:

The impetus of the defensive player carried him forward. The receiver did not push.

True...but why would he extend his arms with his hand on him? Still was a perpetual push, no matter how hard it was.

Tider 27 said:
Big_Fan said:
Tider 27 said:

True...but why would he extend his arms with his hand on him? Still was a perpetual push, no matter how hard it was.

I just watched it on my DVR. It was bogus. The receiver's hands were not even on the defender when the ball was in the air. I don't have a way of transferring it but it is true. The call was even worse than I thought.

Big_Fan said:
I just watched it on my DVR. It was bogus. The receiver's hands were not even on the defender when the ball was in the air. I don't have a way of transferring it but it is true. The call was even worse than I thought.

I'll take your word for it. Good thing we're not USF fans or tonight would really suck. :lol:

The blocked kick then "illegal forward pass" play looked correct to me at first but after the review of the play, both players looked as if they lost control of the football and coincidentaly pushed the ball toward the endzone. Not trying to sound like an Ole Missy fan here but I think reversing the call on the field was kind of questionable. Talking about a play that showed lack of indisputable evidence! :shock: The crew in the booth had to establish intention. How do you conclusively do that with that series of events. Remember, we saw the play over and over again in slow motion. In real time, these players just blocked a field goal, scrummed for the ball, scrummed for the ball again but still was thinking about shoving the ball forward while simultaneously fumbling? :shock: :shock:

You would think that with USF being #2 in the country that the Big east officials might have given a little more leniancy to USF but the way the calls went tonight, you would have thought RU was the number 2 team.

Aside from the wild calls that was a very entertaining game. The Big East has come a long way for entertainment value anyway. That Rice kid from Rutgers is a little hoss too!

By the way, I think the offensive player shoved off but it was much less than what DJ Hall did in 2005 versus UT late in the 4th quarter. I think the refs should have let these guys play a little ball. That was very ticky tack on the refs.

Big_Fan said:
Tider 27 said:

Are you talking about the fumbles on that blocked FG? That was a touchy call. I saw it in real time and it did look almost like they were throwing it forwards, but then on the replays it seemed a little more like a straight out fumble. Tough call on that. Even the commentators made mention when the flags came in that they thought it was an illegal touching at the time. Kinda looked that way in real time so I can't be too overly critical of the officiating on that one.

porkchop said:
Big_Fan said:
Tider 27 said:

Are you talking about the fumbles on that blocked FG? That was a touchy call. I saw it in real time and it did look almost like they were throwing it forwards, but then on the replays it seemed a little more like a straight out fumble. Tough call on that. Even the commentators made mention when the flags came in that they thought it was an illegal touching at the time. Kinda looked that way in real time so I can't be too overly critical of the officiating on that one.

Well, looks like we are on the same page! :lol:

bamafan4ever said:
By the way, I think the offensive player shoved off but it was much less than what DJ Hall did in 2005 versus UT late in the 4th quarter. I think the refs should have let these guys play a little ball. That was very ticky tack on the refs.

Yea the Hall pass came tom mind when I saw that last night. He definitely pushed off but not that hard.

bamafan4ever said:
The blocked kick then "illegal forward pass" play looked correct to me at first but after the review of the play, both players looked as if they lost control of the football and coincidentaly pushed the ball toward the endzone. Not trying to sound like an Ole Missy fan here but I think reversing the call on the field was kind of questionable. Talking about a play that showed lack of indisputable evidence! :shock: The crew in the booth had to establish intention. How do you conclusively do that with that series of events. Remember, we saw the play over and over again in slow motion. In real time, these players just blocked a field goal, scrummed for the ball, scrummed for the ball again but still was thinking about shoving the ball forward while simultaneously fumbling? :shock: :shock:

You would think that with USF being #2 in the country that the Big east officials might have given a little more leniancy to USF but the way the calls went tonight, you would have thought RU was the number 2 team.

Aside from the wild calls that was a very entertaining game. The Big East has come a long way for entertainment value anyway. That Rice kid from Rutgers is a little hoss too!

Agreeance. On all points. It's impossible to judge intent on those "fumbles", through instant replay or otherwise. I wouldn't have had a problem had they been called on the field. The fact that they were not tells me that it was impossible to tell if the players did it on purpose or not.

Back
Top Bottom