| FTBL How would you rank the current SEC Head Coaches?

Saban would be the 4th best? In what world?
In the world where he is 78 at the end of the six years and his age is negatively affecting his ability to recruit players and coaches who know he's not going to be around much longer, if at all, when this time frame expires.

The coaches I ranked above him are much younger and will still be in their prime in six years. I don't think he'll still be coaching in six years, but would leave any program equipped to carry on for a few years after he leaves.

In the world where he is 78 at the end of the six years and his age is negatively affecting his ability to recruit players and coaches who know he's not going to be around much longer, if at all, when this time frame expires.

The coaches I ranked above him are much younger and will still be in their prime in six years. I don't think he'll still be coaching in six years, but would leave any program equipped to carry on for a few years after he leaves.
A HUGE disconnect here (and maybe a pun intended.)

Current doesn't apply to an electrical property in this thread.

I think an interesting question would be....
Forgetting the rest....

Where will Kirby be in 10 years....

UGA has the base
He is a NS type recruiter
Wont have NS to compete with
GA has the HS program
And KS is relatively young

Will he exceed NSs NCampionships?
2 already....

A HUGE disconnect here (and maybe a pun intended.)

Current doesn't apply to an electrical property in this thread.
I look at each coach right now and the success they would have six years from now after being hired to coach Baylor for the 2023 season onward.

Isn't that the question?

I look at each coach right now and the success they would have six years from now after being hired to coach Baylor for the 2023 season onward.

Isn't that the question?

I presented it in a confusing way, but I was trying to get people to think in terms of, Coach X would do this well here compared to Coach Y at the same place with all things being equal. Ranking them is already extremely subjective, so I was attempting to take a more narrow path with it.

I presented it in a confusing way, but I was trying to get people to think in terms of, Coach X would do this well here compared to Coach Y at the same place with all things being equal. Ranking them is already extremely subjective, so I was attempting to take a more narrow path with it.

Well, if we're talking Baylor, during the Briles era, you have to put Freeze at the top. ;)

Isn't that the question?
Looking at the SEC in a six year view isn't hypothetical, it's abstract. Longevity alone makes it an idea with no physical existence.

You made it clear.

A chapter of my memoirs will be titled, "Conversations with Curmudgeons." This thread is beginning to take shape as one considered for inclusion. DEI, at it's finest here, folk.

1. Nick Saban GOAT -(No matter what Snakecock says)
2. Kirby Smart- got to give him credit
3. Brian Kelly - has gotten his teams in position to win championships consistently
4. Lane Kiffin - will always be dangerous to play against
5. Sam Pittman - great leader and getting the most out of his guys.
6. Mark Stoops - consistently bowl eligible at Kentucky is an accomplishment.
6a. Josh Heupel - he has got Tennessee back from the dead in two seasons not bad.
8. Hugh Freeze - has never one anywhere without blatant cheating... will have to win something to move up
9. Jimbo Fisher - better to be though an idiot that to open your mouth and remove all doubt (needs to shut up)
10 Billy Napier - hard to tell be did a good job at Louisiana.
11. Shane Beamer - I think he is gonna move up... good recruiter and likeable guy
12. Eli Drinkwitz - I like him but Missouri is a tough spot.
13. Clark Lea - Vandy enough said.
14. Zach Arnette - no real data but don't expect him to have the job long term

I think an interesting question would be....
Forgetting the rest....

Where will Kirby be in 10 years....

UGA has the base
He is a NS type recruiter
Wont have NS to compete with
GA has the HS program
And KS is relatively young

Will he exceed NSs NCampionships?
2 already....
I think we get a glimpse this year. With Monken leaving and having to re-load, we will see how well he does.

He has the horses to compete, no doubt. The thing that is so fascinating about teams that win it all, is chemistry. I think this will come to light even more so, with NIL and transfer portal players. No longer do kids come in and grind and earn their time. They haven't spent summers in the weight room and hot August days as tackling dummies for the upper class-men. These instant put together teams will have had a short time to develop chemistry. The ones that do it the best, will be the cream that rises to the top.

I think we get a glimpse this year. With Monken leaving and having to re-load, we will see how well he does.

He has the horses to compete, no doubt. The thing that is so fascinating about teams that win it all, is chemistry. I think this will come to light even more so, with NIL and transfer portal players. No longer do kids come in and grind and earn their time. They haven't spent summers in the weight room and hot August days as tackling dummies for the upper class-men. These instant put together teams will have had a short time to develop chemistry. The ones that do it the best, will be the cream that rises to the top.

Texas A&M anyone?

Back
Top Bottom