| FTBL How would a college football Super League look? Let’s imagine a 48-team version

I haven't heard anything on realignment and NC State but if they wanted a package deal I'd definitely take UNC, NC State and Duke. The Basketball acumen alone would be worth it. Along with the eyeballs and brands. Other than that, I'd love to grab Clemson and FSU though I'm not sure if the SEC is wanting to expand that much during this whole thing.
Grumblings here in the panhandle is that FSU is B1G bound…
I will see someone in the know Monday (at a funeral) I’ll try to broach the subject afterwards, if I can…

In my opinion, the SEC's lack of interest in the addition to Duke was only compounded by 2020.

If given the choice I'd send both Duke and Notre Dame to the Big East. Duke, to me, is just another UCONN with a slight southern drawl.

Duke doesn't bother me like most, but those two don't mesh with the culture in the SEC. We've all got egos, but I don't think any of us talk down about others with our pinky's up in the air.

Duke-North Carolina was must see TV for me as a kid. I loved Jerry Stackhouse and Vince Carter.

Duke doesn't bother me like most, but those two don't mesh with the culture in the SEC. We've all got egos, but I don't think any of us talk down about others with our pinky's up in the air.
On the opposite end of the spectrum from A&M?

It would be a boon for a few sports: women's soccer would take a HUGE boost.

I'd rather go to FSU for a football game (scenery) and I'd rather go to a Duke/UNC basketball game.

From a fan's standpoint (MINE) anything that would improve the coverage of the spring sporting programs? Add those schools.

On the opposite end of the spectrum from A&M?

It would be a boon for a few sports: women's soccer would take a HUGE boost.

I'd rather go to FSU for a football game (scenery) and I'd rather go to a Duke/UNC basketball game.

From a fan's standpoint (MINE) anything that would improve the coverage of the spring sporting programs? Add those schools.

Ha, yeah, A&M. Bunch of nut balls there.

You're 100% right that Duke and North Carolina could bring some depth and new visibility to different areas for the SEC with soccer, lacrosse, field hockey and such. Academically we would enjoy having them as well. Hoity toitiness, no thanks.

Ha, yeah, A&M. Bunch of nut balls there.

You're 100% right that Duke and North Carolina could bring some depth and new visibility to different areas for the SEC with soccer, lacrosse, field hockey and such. Academically we would enjoy having them as well. Hoity toitiness, no thanks.
Bucket List addition:

Baton Rouge, with parents of a Duke football player, at night ...

Back
Top Bottom