| FTBL How the West will be won

rolltyroll

Verified Member
Here are some interesting aspects of the upcoming games guys. Please help me out here:
If Alabama beats LSU and Miss St but loses to Auburn, and LSU and Auburn win their remaining games, Who will go to Atlanta. And if LSU beats Alabama but loses to Arky and Alabama beats Auburn, does that give us the ticket to Atlanta? Guys i am pumped about this. We are quietly in position, should we pull off the now more probable than ever upset of LSU, to go to Atlanta. This is crazy! Honestly who really thought we would be here after the Florida State game? I didn't. What are the scenarios? I guess the best thing to do would be win out. That would eliminate all controversy.

That is a good question and I have thought about it a little bit since Saturday but I am more worried with LSU. After that I will start thinking about the SEC title.

I think I can answer that one. We, and LSU would be 4-1 in the division while the barn would be 3-2. We would then go to the SEC CG because we beat LSU heads up.

psychojoe said:
I think I can answer that one. We, and LSU would be 4-1 in the division while the barn would be 3-2. We would then go to the SEC CG because we beat LSU heads up.

That is the standings now......

If Bama beats LSU
and Bama loses to Aub .......(assuming they all win the other games) all will have indentical SEC records and will have split the head to head.

Im pretty sure the next option is within western div record which would eliminate Aub but LSU/Bama would remained tied. I dont have a clue on the next option

SEC Divisional Tie-Breaker

In the event of a tie for the division championship, the following procedures will be used to break all ties to determine the SEC Football Championship Game representative. All Conference versus Conference Games (both division and non-division) will be counted in the Conference Standings.

A. TWO-TEAM TIE

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Records of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
4. Overall record vs. all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.
6. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game.

B. THREE (OR MORE) TEAM TIE

1. (Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)
2. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
3. Record of the tied teams within the division.
4. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
5. Overall record vs. non-division teams.
6. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.
7. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
8. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

The tie-breaker once you get to two teams is head-to-head, which would give the Title Game berth to Bama once the barn was eliminated due to divisional record.

Back
Top Bottom