| FTBL How does the energy fair vs. last year?

NTT

Verified Member
This is something I would like to as The Coach but, obviously I can't. So anybody here that may have the answer could help me out. CNS has spoken alot about last season and how we didn't finish games and didn't finish the season. Mostly references to stamina. i was curious. Those of you that were able to witness camp last season and this season. After the first week especially Fridays second practice how did the energy level look of the team vs. what it did last season after the 1st week or the last 2 a day.

Then maybe just an overall energy level of the whole camp so far vs. last season.

I don't know if I can answer in the way you want but here on the board I've seen guys in the know that have said the team looks physicaly better and conditioned better.
Seems the 4th quarter program has benefitted quite a few guys.

The one thing I'd say is Saban (and Cochran) make the players do a lot more running than most any other teams out there (stuff like 110's, and running stadiums). I mean, they do (did) a ton of it. Some other programs would consider it too much... and that might could be argued... but one thing is for sure, these guys are in shape. The "Shula guts" are smaller this year, and the upper bodies are showing more development. As for the incoming freshmen, they look as physically imposing as any freshman class I've ever seen.

Porter said:
The one thing I'd say is Saban (and Cochran) make the players do a lot more running than most any other teams out there (stuff like 110's, and running stadiums). I mean, they do (did) a ton of it. Some other programs would consider it too much... and that might could be argued... but one thing is for sure, these guys are in shape. The "Shula guts" are smaller this year, and the upper bodies are showing more development. As for the incoming freshmen, they look as physically imposing as any freshman class I've ever seen.

I'm glad you mentioned Scott Cochran.

Last spring and summer, when the players saw how vocal Cochran was they looked at it as an act, him "playing a part." But, now that they have been through his 4th quarter program twice they understand it's for real. And, they are buying into it.

Even on days when you might have some guys worried about a girl problem, money problems, life ya know...Cochran's approach brings them back to the focus we need.

Enthusiasm, energetic atmosphere...even in warm up's it is a different world as compared to last season.

My concern is them maintaining focus with the energy, not the lack of energy.

TerryP said:
Porter said:

I'm glad you mentioned Scott Cochran.

Last spring and summer, when the players saw how vocal Cochran was they looked at it as an act, him "playing a part." But, now that they have been through his 4th quarter program twice they understand it's for real. And, they are buying into it.

Even on days when you might have some guys worried about a girl problem, money problems, life ya know...Cochran's approach brings them back to the focus we need.

Enthusiasm, energetic atmosphere...even in warm up's it is a different world as compared to last season.

My concern is them maintaining focus with the energy, not the lack of energy.

The warm up's at the beginning of practice videos is my favorite part usually. He gets me pumped and ready to play. They will benefit from working hard. Focus for the young guys will come with game time experience. It will be a fun year to watch.

Back
Top Bottom