| GOLF How do you rank he Major Championships for pro-Golf? (Here's one guys opinion.)

1. Masters - partial being from Georgia, but there is no other tournament in the world with the mystique and mystery of Augusta.
2. US Open - always a tough set up. Love anyone that can qualify can play it. Conditions are always tough.
3. British Open - the oldest and just interesting with the weather and challenges being faced by the golfers that just don't see it much anymore.
4. PGA Championship - its just there. Always fun watching a major and where they have them, but to me not as much fanfare here.

1. Masters - partial being from Georgia, but there is no other tournament in the world with the mystique and mystery of Augusta.
2. US Open - always a tough set up. Love anyone that can qualify can play it. Conditions are always tough.
3. British Open - the oldest and just interesting with the weather and challenges being faced by the golfers that just don't see it much anymore.
4. PGA Championship - its just there. Always fun watching a major and where they have them, but to me not as much fanfare here.
1) US Open
2) The Masters
3) The Open
4) The PGA Championship.

Watching #17 at the PGA can be fun. If it's a close leader board on Sunday, pivotal. Otherwise that course is no different than a dozen other within an half of an hour from here. It just like any other "private club."

The SEC Women's championships were played here a few years ago at Yeaman's Hall. It's just as nice of a track.

Except, two of those have been correct. One, isn't, hasn't been, and won't be.

Not sure who raised me to say it, but I was always raised on it being the British Open, and I'm all but certain it has been spoken on TV by commentators and televised as that somewhere in my 40 years on this Earth. I'm sticking with it.

The Open - The conditions they play in are classic.
The Masters - For the tradition.
US Open - For the roughs that may take a double-digit number of shots to get out of and greens that won't hold a shot. 😬
The PGA Champ - Just for some of the best "signature" holes that can be played.

Back
Top Bottom