| FTBL How do y'all feel about Army (9-2) being left out of the bowl line up?

We All Bleed Crimson

Football's GREATEST Tradition !
Army, at 9-2, was left out of the bowl lineup.
Personally, I would rather see Army in one of the bowl games than South Carolina (2-8) or 10rc (3-7).
I don't know, it just seems like it would make more sense. I know the SEC has bowl tie-ins, but 2 and 8??!! How can 2-8 and 3-7 represent the SEC properly?

Tennessee had to bow out of the bowl today. I know there was some discussion about Army replacing them but not sure if anything was ever announced. Hopefully it happens, they deserve it (for a number of reasons).

Also, these bowl tie-ins are dumb and make the bowls less fun and attractive every year.
Just saw they took Tennessees place

The tie ins really do not do the bowls any service...

very very very few attractive matchups.

Army being left home to twiddle their thumbs is a travesty. 9-2 is a whole lot better than the five SEC teams with losing records that were invited to bowls. I know there are several more schools with losing records that are playing in a bowl.

There should only be like 5 or 8 bowl games IMHO. I love hearing pundits bitch about attendances being so low, yet they fail to address the fact that when you have 40 bowl games named after soulless corporate sponsors, people tend to not give a shit, fans and players alike.

Army being left home to twiddle their thumbs is a travesty. 9-2 is a whole lot better than the five SEC teams with losing records that were invited to bowls. I know there are several more schools with losing records that are playing in a bowl.

be home for Christmas or take a "bowl" ( should be called add-on game).....
At 3-7 or 4-6....record
I take Christmas with my family....

There should only be like 5 or 8 bowl games IMHO. I love hearing pundits bitch about attendances being so low, yet they fail to address the fact that when you have 40 bowl games named after soulless corporate sponsors, people tend to not give a shit, fans and players alike.

Remember that bowl games were created as a means to promote the city or town where the game is. It generates revenue via taxes for air, hotels, restaurants, taxis, sponsorship and tourist activities. That's why the local government is always involved (visitors and tourism boards). Even small bowls (Weedeater Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl) generate a lot of money with less than capacity crowds. They also get the exposure and free advertising for the location during the media coverage and TV network promoting the event.

Remember that bowl games were created as a means to promote the city or town where the game is. It generates revenue via taxes for air, hotels, restaurants, taxis, sponsorship and tourist activities. That's why the local government is always involved (visitors and tourism boards). Even small bowls (Weedeater Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl) generate a lot of money with less than capacity crowds. They also get the exposure and free advertising for the location during the media coverage and TV network promoting the event.

That's very true. My feelings are more centered around having a post season that is more merit based than economic based. I understand why these games were created, but the second and third order effects of this massive expansion has rendered the post season mostly irrelevant.

I love hearing pundits bitch about attendances being so low, yet they fail to address the fact that when you have 40 bowl games named after soulless corporate sponsors, people tend to not give a shit, fans and players alike.
That's a mischaractization on how players feel about bowl games. These trips are highlights of their lives even in losing efforts.

A quick reshuffle without tie-ins and it's already a much better bowl lineup without much thought put into it. I left the UCF vs. BYU game as that is actually intriguing. I'm sure I've got teams listed that opted out, but whatever.

New Year's Six bowl games
DATEBOWL / LOCATIONTIME (TV)MATCHUP
Jan. 2Orange
Miami
8 p.m. (ESPN)Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma
Jan. 2Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz.
4 p.m. (ESPN)North Carolina vs. Iowa State
Jan. 1Peach
Atlanta
12:30 p.m. (ESPN)Indiana vs. Georgia
Dec. 30Cotton