| NEWS Here’s the show FOX is running head-to-head against College GameDay

B

Bama News

We’ve known for a while that FOX is betting big on the noon ET window, getting their best game in before the SEC on CBS rules the 3:30 window and ABC’s “Saturday Night Football” takes the night.

As part of that plan, FOX is planning to stare down “College GameDay” in head-to-head combat, and that pregame show — featuring Urban Meyer, Matt Leinart Reggie Bush and Brady Quinn as analysts — now has a name and a promo.

This 30-second clip aired during last night’s MLB All-Star Game. As perhaps a window into the network’s priorities, I counted nine Big Ten clips (focusing on Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin), four Big 12 (Texas and Oklahoma) and two Pac-12 (USC, Oregon). Obviously, the early kicks will favor teams in the Eastern and Central time zones.

FOX’s Big Noon Era will begin with the following games: Florida Atlantic at Ohio State (Aug. 31), Army at Michigan (Sept. 7), Ohio State at Indiana (Sept. 14) and Michigan at Wisconsin (Sept. 21).

Will Fox be setting up gameday camp in Tuscaloosa or Gainesville and as soon as the craziness is over, shoot us to Northwestern vs Wisconsin?

Really doesn't matter, I usually watch the morning SEC Network anyway.

fox doesn't have the clout to unseat college gameday
There's a BIG point here considering Fox routinely hires those who have been fired from ESPN. Or, CBS. What's crazy to me is they are trying to break into the slot ESPN owns while using a cast of characters that try to devalue conferences which supply the most viewers. How often have you seen Fox with a PAC bias in their coverage? Or, a B1G lean with the way they report a story?

Simply put, if you're going to knock a football conference (like the SEC) you will not move up in viewers. You can't by alienating that large of a group.

There's a BIG point here considering Fox routinely hires those who have been fired from ESPN. Or, CBS. What's crazy to me is they are trying to break into the slot ESPN owns while using a cast of characters that try to devalue conferences which supply the most viewers. How often have you seen Fox with a PAC bias in their coverage? Or, a B1G lean with the way they report a story?

Simply put, if you're going to knock a football conference (like the SEC) you will not move up in viewers. You can't by alienating that large of a group.
Well.....the crew is strongly b10...pac 12....and that who they will cover....for those 9 am games....out west.....may get some decent 12 ( our time..est)..games....
Dont watch game day..so probably wont watch their stuff either......
May be a push hoping presentation of b10...pac 12...will help elevate conference in voters and viewers...

Ole Urb got some experience and fairly positive reviews in the past few years when he was the guest analyst on ESPN (I thought he was boring). I'm surprised FOX didn't reach out to Mark May (or maybe they did and he wanted nothing to do with them). IMO, the BIG10 or PAC12 don't have enough contenders in the conference to make it exciting.

Ole Urb got some experience and fairly positive reviews in the past few years when he was the guest analyst on ESPN (I thought he was boring). I'm surprised FOX didn't reach out to Mark May (or maybe they did and he wanted nothing to do with them). IMO, the BIG10 or PAC12 don't have enough contenders in the conference to make it exciting.

Mark May loves him some Alabama. Still, think it cost him his job.

Mark would have been good....cbs could use someone like him...
There pregame is boring....
And @TUSKtimes ...urb was dry...knowledgeable.....but dry

I've never been convinced that the CBS crew even likes the SEC. Adam Zucker can't seem to wait for someone to upset the Tide. And the rest of the time he's doing his Tim Brandon imitation. Brian Jones is a Longhorn out of water. Now he would fit in nicely over at Fox. Please hire this guy. Rick is the only one with a little prognosticator sense. Rick and Brad Nessler are the only hope for that bunch. And I still miss Allie LeForce.

I've never been convinced that the CBS crew even likes the SEC. Adam Zucker can't seem to wait for someone to upset the Tide. And the rest of the time he's doing his Tim Brandon imitation. Brian Jones is a Longhorn out of water. Now he would fit in nicely over at Fox. Please hire this guy. Rick is the only one with a little prognosticator sense. Rick and Brad Nessler are the only hope for that bunch. And I still miss Allie LeForce.
Check sign above her head36E4EE2E-AF47-4247-805D-A5348B6B447C.png

Check sign above her headView attachment 11635

What sign?

Just kidding. She looks like she was posing somewhere outside her home so I can't hold it against her. She should come over to the SEC Network in the fall and take Laura's place who will be on maternity leave I hear. Being a Florida girl she would fit in nicely. Tho I hear that Finebaum's gawking gives a lot of these girls the creeps.

"Big Noon Kickoff" show airs at 11am EST. Remind me again, what timezone will be noon at 11am EST. #Facepalm.

At least they figured out that "Big Noon Saturday" should start at noon EST.

Wondering what kind of viewer numbers Fox expects the first year.

Back
Top Bottom