| ADMIN **Have you seen...?** (Site update: 10/18-- Emoji enhancements)

TerryP

Staff
4.jpg

When you're selecting emoji's it's a simple enough process. What's found within that menu is a compilation of choices: some carried over from vB, some added to XF1, and the core selection that came with XF2 (current operating platform.) We're about to remove everything within that menu with the exceptions of those emojis found within the core of XF2. Ultimately this is going to leave about 30 or so emoji's for you to select from and there will not be any Bama specific. There is a plan here to replace Bamacentric options, but that's down the road a bit so take a breath and continue reading...

Where we're going...

After these are removed it'll be a little while before you see the new system for emoji's published here. It'll take a little time to build. To give you a quick glimpse of where we're headed think about how you communicate on your phone via text, or how you message through Facebook's options. These emoji's are divided into categories that range from a thumbs up, people, animals, you name it.

This and more will be coming as we're working towards the update of our second style with XF2.1 Here's a brief glance at the core of one aspect of this upcoming upgrade--specifically the emoji changes.

21emojipicker-gif.185723

Yeah, that's cool and all...

But I also noticed that the quick "tab/topic bars" at the top are also gone..

I had to search through 6 pages of my own posts to update the "18-19 Bama Guy's in the NFL" thread... Lol

Was a lot easier just to click "Bama in Pros" tab to filter then find that thread.

I had to search through 6 pages of my own posts to update the "18-19 Bama Guy's in the NFL" thread... Lol

Was a lot easier just to click "Bama in Pros" tab to filter then find that thread.
I built those in the templates and took them out the other day.

The option is still there. You've just overlooked the area. It's just above the quick thread area.

11.jpg

10.jpg

The option is still there. You've just overlooked the area. It's just above the quick thread area.

View attachment 9906

View attachment 9905
See, I'm all about streamlining. As many irons as I have in the fire, fast is good.

Adding 3+ extra clicks plus a drop down isn't streamlined... Lol.

View attachment 9906

View attachment 9905
See, I'm all about streamlining. As many irons as I have in the fire, fast is good.

I got that.

Here's the deal. There's about 50-75 or so lines of code I added into the templates for those icons. @doemasters and I have been talking about this for a few weeks now. It's a bit of a tear down to the core to jump to XF2.X.X. There's also a decision on which is going to work the best. Believe you me, I'm working on it as we're speaking.

That's not even bringing in that we're looking at upgrading things to FontAwesome 5 which will streamline the prefix system to a greater degree. On a lot of the sports I'm looking at going ICON only but I'm not sure if I can.

Right now, from what I've played with, we're going to a system that'll look a bit like this one. This is in FA 4.7 so it'll look a little different.

11.jpg

View attachment 9906

View attachment 9905

I got that.

Here's the deal. There's about 50-75 or so lines of code I added into the templates for those icons. @doemasters and I have been talking about this for a few weeks now. It's a bit of a tear down to the core to jump to XF2.X.X. There's also a decision on which is going to work the best. Believe you me, I'm working on it as we're speaking.

That's not even bringing in that we're looking at upgrading things to FontAwesome 5 which will streamline the prefix system to a greater degree. On a lot of the sports I'm looking at going ICON only but I'm not sure if I can.

Right now, from what I've played with, we're going to a system that'll look a bit like this one. This is in FA 4.7 so it'll look a little different.

View attachment 9907
I'm just busting your balls, man.

Saul Good, bruh.

Preshate all you do for this place.

Fwiw, it was only 2 clicks. So my last comment was a tad bit hyperbolous... Haha

Back
Top Bottom