| FTBL Has Finebaum crossed the line?

TerryP

Thread Starter
Misomaniac
Ivory Club
TerryP's latest editorial that will be appearing on the RTB.com front page tonight. Enjoy.

Has Finebaum Crossed The Line?

Editorial by TerryP


A couple of years ago I penned a article about what I thought about the manner in which Paul Finebaum treated his audience. Abusive was one of the terms I used, and used frequently.

It all stemmed from the posts that dealt with Alabama fans being ashamed of how some of our fans were being portrayed. You all know who I'm talking about, and, without naming names I'm sure a half of a dozen personalities have come to your mind just thinking about it.

Personally, I stopped listen to show's like Finebaum's years ago simply because I didn't appreciate what he was doing. Whatever agenda he had in mind, there was no escaping the fact he was lying to the audience. His own audience, and our fan base.

Now, it seems he's crossed the line once again. But, this time, instead of our fan base calling his hand out, powerful, influential Alumni are beginning to call his hand as well.

Will it make a difference? I can't say one way or another. But, I'm beginning to sense a trend that will shape the way our program will be reported in the future.

"Here's twenty, bury two."

Now, that phrase is once again felt within the walls of the Athletic Department. The way Saban handles the media is criticized around the NCAA writers world. What's left unsaid is the point they made the bed they are currently sleeping in.

While I have respect for the industry these *reporters* work in, I have no patience left when it comes to reporting the facts. It's no longer journalism, it's editorialism. What opinion a writer or radio personality has about our program means little to me: no, make that nothing.

Truth garners respect. It should be the first class in Journalism 101.

Heck, I might recommend basket-weaving because that's at least substantial

Take a minute, and listen to the following link. When our Alumni like Bob and Kenny start taking this public, we very well may see a change.

Listen here

Post your comments here about the Downtown Clowns in B-ham
 

bamaboy420

Registered
couldnt agree more ive been listening to these clowns for awhile and one minute finebum has a interview with saban on fox 6 the next hes bashing him so im glad someone is taking up for our caoch and school.BTW nice read too where you find this stuff at.
 
G

Guest

2 things.

1: I've never really heard PF bash Saban other than question his discipline of Deadrick, Fanney, and Upchurch. No bashing, just questioned, as I did myself.

2: I like listening to PF for the entertainment value and laughter at his idiot callers. He also has some very good interviews.
 

reger60

Scholarship Club
When I lived in B'ham, I listened to Finebaum regularly. When I moved to Nashville, I stopped. I've been listening to Finebaum on the internet all week and honestly, his show by comparison to what I'm used to listening to here in Nashville is pretty pathetic. The only reason I gave it try was because I was jonesing for some Bama football talk.

I'd be glad to give the Ultimate Sports Show a try. I found the website, but I can't find what time they're on the air. Can somebody tell me when their show is on?
 

TerryP

Thread Starter
Misomaniac
Ivory Club
reger60 said:
When I lived in B'ham, I listened to Finebaum regularly. When I moved to Nashville, I stopped. I've been listening to Finebaum on the internet all week and honestly, his show by comparison to what I'm used to listening to here in Nashville is pretty pathetic. The only reason I gave it try was because I was jonesing for some Bama football talk.

I'd be glad to give the Ultimate Sports Show a try. I found the website, but I can't find what time they're on the air. Can somebody tell me when their show is on?

Like you, living out of the state of Alabama, I find myself jonesing for football talk at times. I usually go to 730ump.com out of Athens to fix that. It's part of the rolltide.com network, and unlike PF, doesn't have a habit of lying to its audience.
 

TerryP

Thread Starter
Misomaniac
Ivory Club
bamaboy420 said:
couldnt agree more ive been listening to these clowns for awhile and one minute finebum has a interview with saban on fox 6 the next hes bashing him so im glad someone is taking up for our caoch and school.BTW nice read too where you find this stuff at.

I don't understand the question...where is what found out?
 
G

Guest

Bob claims 10 min into this interview that he still doesnt know Dan Labatards name. :lol: RIght Bob when your calling somebody out for being a liar and a spinner........just spin harder I guess!



FINEBAUM IS ENTERTAINMENT!!!!
 

BamaPride

Verified Member
Century Club
Finebum likes to stir the pot. I usually switch between "Dunnaway & Brown" (a much better pure sports show) and Finebum.

I would listen to D&B more often but sometimes that AM signal isnt very good.
 
G

Guest

I have try to listen to him. But I don't that why I got you all to do it for me.
TerryP I enjoy reading your article. Now you know why I don't listen to anyone. When I got you and that other guy writing on here. No need to go somewhere else to get Bama sport.
 

TerryP

Thread Starter
Misomaniac
Ivory Club
rick4bama said:
I have try to listen to him. But I don't that why I got you all to do it for me.
TerryP I enjoy reading your article. Now you know why I don't listen to anyone. When I got you and that other guy writing on here. No need to go somewhere else to get Bama sport.

Thanks Rick. I'm just a fan, after all.

If entertainment is now defined as belittling people for the sake of a laugh, it's a sad state of affairs in sports radio. I'll add, when Paul finds himself cut off from Alabama news, much like the hole he dug himself when fRan was the coach, he'll change his tune and change it rapidly.
 

kudzu

<img class="alignleft" src="http://www.rolltidebam
Century Club
TerryP said:
when Paul finds himself cut off from Alabama news, much like the hole he dug himself when fRan was the coach, he'll change his tune and change it rapidly.

I hope your right Terry. He's spouted off for a long time about lots of people with no repercussions.
I would like for him to get a good taste of what he gives. Maybe he'll take a closer look at his tabloid ways. I don't listen to him and won't. Thats the best way to send a message. It's trash journalism and smear campaigns towards the flavor of the week.
Nothing more than. He brings nothing to the table except his own agendas.
 
Top Bottom