| OT Greg McElroy - Football season starts tonight, but so does Bourbon season. My decision looms!!

I admit to not ever having the opportunity to appreciate fine bourbon. Makers Mark has been the apex of my bourbon. It all gives me heartburn. My son had some Pappy Van Winkle at my sisters in Plano. He said that I would love it.

@BamaBoyJosh, come on. The tone of the statement is full of pretension and you know that. "Thankfully," as if you've avoided something bad. It makes me roll my eyes. You're scoffing at people's life choices and enjoyments like you have their beliefs.

Maybe this is clearer ...

<enters safe zone> It doesn't feel like intolerance, it feels like you're being pretentious //

It's my opinion Greg is being pretentious in this series of tweets. That's no "bourbon lovers collection" that he's put together. That's the efforts of an interior designer with a budget. I rolled my eyes when I saw the tweets as well.

Yeah, you totally jumped to conclusions with absolutely no reason to. What do they say about assuming, again? Practically everyone I know drinks. My "thankfully" comment was because I don't spend money on expensive shit like the picture that was posted... I would much rather waste my money on expensive key comics than liquor that I don't drink. If that is pretentious or intolerance or any other adjective you wanna throw at it then so be it.

Yeah, you totally jumped to conclusions with absolutely no reason to. What do they say about assuming, again? Practically everyone I know drinks. My "thankfully" comment was because I don't spend money on expensive shit like the picture that was posted... I would much rather waste my money on expensive key comics than liquor that I don't drink. If that is pretentious or intolerance or any other adjective you wanna throw at it then so be it.

expensive key comics @BamaBoyJosh? You mean, like original issues or rare editions?

Larceny is a fine bourbon.

It is good. That Whistle Pig rye in the photo is okay, not a big rye fan, but Ray's on the River in Atlanta uses it in their old fashions, pretty good.

I've wandered around in the $25-$60 landscape of bourbons. Hard to beat Angel's Envy over ice. For me, the best buy is the standard Four Roses. Single barrel and small batch versions are tasty, but I get a 1.75 of Four Roses at Total Wine for $27. Just too good and cheap to pass up, just right for old fashions for the wife, and fine for me over ice.

It is a nice collection to me. I know folks that have smaller and larger bourbon collections.

I am not a bourbon man. I will drink it if someone pours me one. My go to is tequila. I keep Patron, Cabo and Herradura for company and special occasions. My regular go to is Lunazul Blanco for afternoon cocktails. Also keep a half gallon of Sauza for folks that insist on magaritas instead of 2 cubes of ice and a slice of lime

expensive key comics @BamaBoyJosh? You mean, like original issues or rare editions?

A key issue is one that is either very important or very rare (usually both). Like for example The Avengers #181 is a key issue because it's the first appearance of Scott Lang as Ant-Man. Power-Man and Iron Fist #50 is the first Luke Cage and Iron Fist comic under that name. "Tales of Suspense" #59 is a key issue because it's the first "solo" Captain America story after Marvel brought him back. I mention those because those are the main ones I have lol The most rare ever would be like Captain America Comics #1 or Action Comics #1 (debut of Superman).

A key issue is one that is either very important or very rare (usually both). Like for example The Avengers #181 is a key issue because it's the first appearance of Scott Lang as Ant-Man. Power-Man and Iron Fist #50 is the first Luke Cage and Iron Fist comic under that name. "Tales of Suspense" #59 is a key issue because it's the first "solo" Captain America story after Marvel brought him back. I mention those because those are the main ones I have lol The most rare ever would be like Captain America Comics #1 or Action Comics #1 (debut of Superman).

What about Poison Ivy's first appearance in a Batman issue? I have that one.

I may be an uncultured hack but I never liked most whiskeys or bourbons. I was more of a vodka and tequila guy, back when I drank.

I must admit that, these days, I tend toward the tequila more than any other liquor... for several reasons. I'm a big fan of lime flavor and the "lightness" you can achieve with a drink using lime and sparkling water or ginger ale... no potential for hangover or miserable feelings. nice summertime drink...

I don’t drink much any more. Seems like everything I drink gives me a bad physical reaction. Tequila gives me the shits, rum makes my face look like a sunburn. Vodka makes me puke. I can do a very little bourbon with no side effect. Very little!

Back
Top Bottom